Chapter 7: Amped Up

(Y/n)'s POV

After the obstacle race was a cavalry battle. I did pretty well, but got like 5 place, which is still better than last place.

It was time to move on with the festival. The students were to participate in one on one fights where you can win by knocking out your opponent, get them out of bounds, or immobilize them.

The first 2 battles were pretty exciting. Uraraka had to go up against Bakugo. She actually put up quite a fight and showed off her amazing persistence. However, she ended up losing.

Next was Kaminari vs this girl Ibara from class 1-B. This battle was really one-sided with Kaminari letting loose 1000000 volt of electricity and going full stupid immediately when the fight started.

I was to participate in the next battle. I was sitting in the waiting room doing some breathing exercises. I didn't really take the obstacle course seriously, so if I wanted to get recommended by some hero agencies, I'd have to get serious.

There was a knock at the waiting room door.

(Y/n): come in.

The door opened, revealing my dad.

Byoki: hey, (y/n).

(Y/n): hey, dad.

Byoki: you ready for your fight?

(Y/n): I'm just doing some breathing exercises to get ready.

Byoki: good. You've been doing great so far, you don't have to get first place in this thing.

(Y/n): I'm gonna at least make it in the top 3.

He ruffled my hair.

Byoki: come on, it's about to start.

We walked out of the waiting room and to the entrance of the field. My dad patted my shoulder.

Byoki: good luck out there.

I smiled and walked out onto the field.

Present Mic: FOR OUR NEXT BATTLE, WE HAVE THE TOXIC TERROR FROM CLASS 1-A, (Y/N) (L/N) GOING UP AGAINST CLASS 1-B'S AMPED UP MISTRESS, KIKU BORYUMU!

I've seen this girl around campus every now and then. She was about my height and had short, lime green hair. However, I had no idea what her quirk was which meant I was at disadvantage.

As she walked onto the field, she was whistling a cheerful melody. We stood at the opposite ends of the battle field. The massive crowd cheered with excitement. I saw my dad in the stands with smile on his face. I looked at my mom, who was standing high on her pedestal. She then mouthed the words "you can do this."

I turned back to my opponent, who was still whistling that same tune.

Present Mic: READY?! BEGIN!

I took my knives out of their holsters and charged at her. She didn't do anything, she just stood there whistling. Her eyes narrowed, looking directly at me. Suddenly, my footsteps became louder, so loud that they made the ground beneath me shake.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. A mischievous grin was plastered on her face. She then let out a whistle that was so loud that it made me drop my knives and cover my ears. I dropped to my knees. Her whistling grew higher in pitch as I began wincing in pain.

She abruptly stopped and stood there with a cocky smirk.

Present Mic: KIKU BORYUMU! HER QUIRK, AMPLIFIER! HER QUIRK ALLOWS HER TO INCREASE THE PITCH AND VOLUME OF ANY SOUND SHE HEARS, INCLUDING HER OWN VOICE! IT'S GREAT FOR DISARMING OPPONENTS OR BEING THE LEAD SINGER IN A ROCK BAND!

I got back to my feet and picked up my knives.

Kiku: you're really...PERSISTENT!

Her voice boomed through out the arena before she started whistling again, even louder this time. I covered my ears again, gritting my teeth. I felt blood trickling out of my ears, it felt like my eardrums were fit to burst.

Everyone in the stands, including my class, watched the battle with their jaws on the floor. Everyone was watching, I had to show them what I was capable of. This is only my first fight in the festival, I can't give up now.

It took all my will power to get back to my feet and uncover my ear. She stopped whistling and looked at me in surprise before smirking.

Kiku: not bad, but let's see how you deal with this.

She took a long, deep breath.

Kiku: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

She let out a loud scream that shook the entire arena. Despite the fact that my ears were practically gushing out blood now, I pushed on and began slowly making my way towards Kiku. When she saw this she screamed even louder.

I winced again, but still managed to push through the pain and continue walking towards her. The fact that her quirk wasn't effecting me anymore angered her. When I was about 5 feet away from her, she stopped screaming and threw a quick punch that landed right in my jaw. She then put her hand on my shoulder and buried her knee in my gut.

I held my gut in pain and retaliated with a roundhouse kick, which she dodged. She lunged at me, but I stopped her with a sidekick to her chest. I knocked her back a few feet, aaaaand...

Nemuri: KIKU BORYUMU HAS STEPPED OUT OF BOUNDS!

She looked down and saw that she had stepped over the line. She stomped her foot on the ground repeatedly.

Kiku: DAMNIT!

I looked at her before chuckling. She noticed this.

Kiku: WHAT'S SO FUNNY?!

(Y/n): that quirk of yours, it's really impressive...my ears are still ringing.

Her look of anger turned to confusion.

(Y/n): with a power like that...I can see you going places. Good luck.

She smiled at me before walking away.

My mom got down from her pedestal a walked over to me.

Nemuri: that was amazing, you did great, sweetheart!

I just looked at her.

(Y/n): ......WHAAAAAT?!