Chapter 31: As Sweet As C12H22011

(A/n) warning, this chapter cheesy as fuck and honestly I feel like it belongs in a 90s highschool romance movie)

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n): alright, third time's the charm.

Yoayorozu: are you sure about this, it didn't the first 2 time

(Y/n): well, if it doesn't that's it for today.

After the provisional licensing exam classes went back to the usual routine. The only difference was that Momo actually started helping me with my chemistry work like she said she would. We had actually been doing this for at least a week now and unfortunately, we haven't made much progress.

So anyway, I held a dropper with a beaker of mixed chemicals in front of me. Our last 2 attempts didn't work to well so this was the last time I'd be trying it today. I adjusted my goggles and lightly squeezed the dropper. A single drop of liquid fell into the beaker.

I we both backed away and waited. After a few seconds we relaxed.

(Y/n): phew, it finally stopped blo-

*CRASH*

Just when we thought it was ok the beaker exploded with steaming pieces of glass scattered around my desk and floor.

Yoayorozu: ...maybe we should move our experiments to to the chemistry lab.

(Y/n): yeah, maybe we should. Well, that's it for today, same time tomorrow?

Yoayorozu: sure.

She smiled and left the my room and I took this time to clean up the mess we made. When I was done I went down to the common area. I sat down on a couch and just started thinking.

Me and Momo made been work together for a week and haven't made any progress. The thing is every time we'd finish our attempts for the day, wether it went well or not, she'd smile as she left the room. If the day didn't go well then seeing her face at the end would make me feel better for some reason and make me really look forward to the next day. I honestly couldn't help but smile at the thought.

???: Hey, sweetheart!

I sat up and saw my parents enter the dorms.

(Y/n): oh hey, what're you guys doing here?

Byoki: we just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing. So how's dorm life?

I decided to be a little goofy and promptly stuck my tongue out while giving a thumbs up. My mom then seemed to notice something...about my face.

Nemuri: hm...

She walked over to me and put her hands on my cheeks.

(Y/n): uh mom, what're you doing?

Nemuri: hm...flushed cheeks, sparkly eyes, overly goofy behavior.

(Y/n): hey, I get that last one from you. Now seriously, what're you doing?

She squinted as she looked right into my eyes.

Nemuri: *GASP*

She cupped her hands over her mouth and backed up until she was right next to my dad. She uncovered her mouth to reveal a massive smile. I just looked at her, confused.

She grabbed my dad by the shoulders and shook him.

Byoki: WOAH WOAH WOAH, I'M STILL RECOVERING HERE!

My mom let go of him.

Nemuri: Byoki, he's got the look!

Byoki: wait, really?