Chapter 1: First Day

Midoriya's POV

It's been a week since the USJ incident. After the villains attacked us, the school decided to up security just to be safe.

Mr. Aizawa walked into the room. His face was still wrapped in bandages from that one-sided fight he had with that brain guy.

Aizawa: everyone, shut up and sit down. I have an announcement.

Everybody sat down and gave him their full attention.

Aizawa: ok, we're getting a new student.

Not even a moment later, everyone shot up from their seats and started asking questions about them.

Ashido: WE'RE GETTING A NEW STUDENT?! WHO IS IT?!

Iida: SIR, ARE THEY HERE BY RECOMMENDATION?!

Uraraka: WHAT'S THEIR QUIRK?!

Aizawa: SHUT UP!

We all sat back down and listened.

Aizawa: first off, he's the son of 2 pro heros. He didn't take classes at the beginning of the year because he wanted to get a little more training in. He should be here any minute now so just be patient.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was currently making my way to my class. My dad had decided to escort me for my first day. His name was Byoki (l/n), but the media knew him as the number 8 hero, Patient Zero.

Byoki: so, you excited for your first day?

(Y/n): yep, I'm finally gonna become a real hero, just like I've always dreamed of.

Byoki: your mom and I are really proud of you. We know you'll do great.

(Y/n): your being such a dad right now.

Byoki: well, would you rather it be your mom taking you to class instead of me?

(Y/n): OH GOD, PLEASE NO!

Byoki: haha!

We arrived at my homeroom class, class 1-A.

Byoki: well, here we are.

He ruffled my hair before he began to walk away.

Byoki: duty calls. I'll see ya tonight.

I waved goodbye and turned to the door. I adjusted my gloves and dawned a serious expression. I knocked and I heard the teachers voice, telling me to come in.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I took a moment to look around at all the other students. There was quite a variety of people in this class, from a really tall guy wearing a mask, to a really short guy with purple balls on his head.

I stood at the front of the class.

Aizawa: everyone, this is (y/n) (l/n). He will be joining you for the rest of your time at UA.

(Y/n): it's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm looking forward to training with you to become the next generation of heros.

Aizawa: you should tell them more about yourself. If you're gonna be in the hero course with them, then they'll need to know more than just your name.

(Y/n): of course, but before I do, I want to ask you all something.

They all looked at me, awaiting my question.

(Y/n): what do you think it means to be a hero?

Their answers were what I expected. "To become number 1!" "To look cool on the job!" That kind of stuff. However, 1 answer caught my attention.

???: To protect those who can't protect themselves!

I looked toward the source and saw a boy with green hair. I smiled.

(Y/n): what's your name, man?

???: I-Izuku Midoriya.

(Y/n): it's nice to meet you, Midoriya, and you're right. A true hero is someone who has sworn to protect people who aren't able to do it themselves. My dad's the one who taught me that.

Midoriya: um, can I ask you something?

(Y/n): go ahead.

Midoriya: Mr. Aizawa said that your parents were both pro heros, who are they?

(Y/n): hm, well actually my mom works here at UA. As for my dad, he's the number 8 hero, Patient Zero.

Everyone stood up from their seats and started asking questions before Mr. Aizawa put an end to it.

Aizawa: SHUT UP!

They all sat back down.

Midoriya: so what's your quirk then?

(Y/n): why do you wanna know?

The boy in front of him spoke.

???: Cause he wants to write about you in his stupid journal!

I ignored his statement.

(Y/n): actually I believe it's better to show instead of tell. I think it'd be better if I demonstrate what my quirk is.

I turned to Mr. Aizawa.

(Y/n): how about a mock battle?

He thought for a moment.

Aizawa: I don't see why not. I want you all to put on your costumes and head to training ground beta.

This was just the start of my first day at UA high and I hadn't even started yet.