Chapter 10: The Truth

Midoriya's POV

It was the day after the sports festival. Kacchan managed to beat Todoroki and win first place. Meanwhile Todoroki got second and (y/n) won third.

The only problem was that during the award ceremony, (y/n) had a really upset look on his face. After what happened in his fight with Kacchan, it wasn't hard to see why. He looked scared . What made things weirder was that he didn't show up to class today.

Mr. Aizawa walked into the room, but unexpectedly, he was also followed by Midnight and Patient Zero.

Aizawa: alright, before we start today's lesson, Midnight and Patient Zero have decided to join us in order to clear something up.

They both stood at the front of the class with saddened expression.

Byoki: we just wanted to come in and talk about what happened yesterday at the sports festival. To be more specific, that little outburst that (y/n) had.

He turned to Midnight and she nodded.

Nemuri: you see...(y/n) has a rare case of split personality disorder

Everyone looked at her in shock.

Byoki: his main personality is the one you all see on a daily basis. He's calm, strategic, serious. However, his second personality is the exact opposite. He's insane, sadistic, homicidal. Doctors describe it as him having an evil twin living inside his brain.

Nemuri: (y/n) is more then capable of keeping his other personality under control, but there are a variety of things that can set him off...

She turned to Kacchan.

Nemuri: ...calling him a biohazard for instance. As an extra precaution he takes a medications that prevents anxiety.

Byoki: that's not even the worst part. When his personality changes, his quirk changes too.

My eyes widened. So (y/n)'s quirk changes with his personality.

Byoki: his quirk makes his body produce a virus through his skin. Anyone who gets infected with said virus will experience the same symptoms. Fever, fatigue, headaches, and comatose. But when his second personality takes control, anyone who breaths in his virus will immediately go into cardiac arrest upon inhalation.

Nemuri: he didn't tell any of you this because he didn't want you to see him as some kind of freak. He decided to take the day off to take some time to think, so please, when he comes back tomorrow don't look at him any different than you would under normal circumstances.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting on the edge of my bed with an uneaten sandwich in my hand. After what happened yesterday day, I didn't feel like eating. I tried playing some videogames to get my mind off of what happened, but it was no good. I couldn't shake the thought of loosing control in front of thousands of people.

???: that was rather fun, wasn't it?

Upon hearing that voice, I dashed for the pill bottle on my nightstand. I swallowed 2 of the pills and sat back down on my bed. I put my hands on either side of my head.

(Y/n): for God's sake, just leave me alone!

???: *Chuckles*

And with that little chuckle, the voice was gone. I took time to gather my thoughts before going downstairs, grabbing my jacket, and walking out the front door.

(Y/n): maybe a quick walk will clear my mind.

I began walking down the sidewalk toward the nearby park. I strolled through the park's gate and walked along the concrete path. As I walked I could hear someone talking. They said...

???: Isn't that the kid from the sports festival?

I flinched and immediately flip up my hood in an effort to hide my face. After a while of walking my legs were getting kinda tired. I couldn't see any benches to sit on so I settled with a big tree nearby. I climbed up the trunk until I got to a branch that could support my weight. I laid down on it with my hands behind my head.

I closed my eyes and began taking in the sounds around me. The rustling of the leaves, the birds singing their sweet song. I slowly breathed out.

I was then broken out of my relaxing trance by someone saying my name.

???: (Y/n)?

I opened my eyes and looked down at the base of the tree only to see my classmate, Todoroki.

(Y/n): *sigh* what do you want, frosty? Shouldn't you be in class right now?

Todoroki: school let out 10 minutes ago.

I looked at my watch and saw that I had apparently been sitting in that tree for at least an hour.

(Y/n): hm, must've fallen asleep.

I hopped down from the branch and began making my way back to my house. However, on my way I looked over my shoulder to see Todoroki behind me. I stopped.

(Y/n): ok, why the hell are you following me?

Todoroki: my house is this way.

(Y/n): oh, ok then.

I turned back around and continued walking. Suddenly, Todoroki spoke.

Todoroki: your parents told us...about your condition.

I turned and stared at that emotionless face of his.

(Y/n): *sigh* yeah, I figured they would.

Todoroki: in all honesty, I envy you (y/n).

(Y/n): what, you want an evil twin living in your head?

Todoroki: no, you have a family that genuinely cares about you.

My eyes widened.

(Y/n): what do you mean?

He looked down and clenched his fist.

Todoroki: you know my father, Endeavor, right?

(Y/n): yeah, why?

Todoroki: when I was a kid, my dad pushed me to become stronger so I could become the number 1 hero. In the process he ostracized my siblings due to our difference in strength. Not only that, but whenever my mom tried to stop him she'd suffer. After years of abuse she couldn't take it anymore and poured boiling water on my face. Which is why I have this.

He gestured to the scar on the left side of his face.

Todoroki: he made her hurt me, so if you think you have it bad then you have a long way to go.

(Y/n): damn, now I hate your dad even more.

Todoroki: I don't blame you.

(Y/n): it's just that...I hate having to deal with this. I never asked to be born like this. I hate having to struggle to stop him from taking control.

Todoroki: and who exactly is "him"?

(Y/n): *sigh* I call him Plague. Whenever he takes control he has this insane thirst for blood. He especially hates people who have too big of an ego, which is why he saw Bakugo as a target.

Todoroki: yeah, that makes sense.

(Y/n): he's a little nuisance.

Todoroki: well, I could see the concern on your parents' faces. I can tell that they want to help you through this. I'd say it's best to let them.

I smiled at him.

(Y/n): it's kinda weird getting a pep-talk from the son of the hero I hate most.

We got to the edge of the park and went our separate ways. To be honest, I felt a little better.