9

"Oh my God," Meredith breathed as Derek collapsed on top of her a few hours later. "Derek...oh my God."

"Mer," he whispered, pressing his lips against hers before he leaned down to rest his head between her breasts. "That was..."

"I've never," Meredith shook her head slightly, trying to clear the post orgasmic fog from her mind. "Wow."

"Wow," Derek agreed, finally pushing himself off of her and leaning his head on his elbow to look down at her. "You're beautiful."

Meredith blushed as she ducked her head to rest against his chest. "You already got me into bed," she giggled. "You don't need to sweet talk me."

"It's not sweet talking," Derek laughed, kissing her gently. "It's the truth."

Meredith sighed as she looked up at him. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too."

"You know what would make me love you even more?" Meredith giggled, lacing their fingers together.

"What?" Derek asked, bringing their hands to his lips and pressing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"If you got me cheesecake," Meredith giggled. "Because someone couldn't wait until dinner was over to ravage me."

"Right, because you were completely innocent," Derek sighed as he slipped out of bed and pulled a pair of boxers on. "I'll be right back," he said, leaning down to kiss her forehead before he disappeared out the door.

Meredith sighed happily as she flopped onto her back, staring at the ceiling. That had been completely amazing. Derek Shepherd was amazing in bed, and she was sure that she'd never had sex like that before.

She'd had her fair share of lovers in college, one night stands that she'd kicked out the next morning as she willed herself to never drink tequila again. Until the next weekend, that was. But after Ryan had taken the money from her mother to leave her, she'd never been able to trust anyone enough to let them into her heart, or her bed, again.

Until now.

No one had ever made love to her like that before. Derek had been careful, slow and precise in making sure no inch of her skin had been abandoned by his lips, and he'd been sure to take his time and memorize the way her body moved before he had given her the sheer pleasure of him inside her. She could still feel his hot breath on her face as he moved gently in and out of her, whispering how much he loved her and worshipping her body with his own.

And the man had stamina. She couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as she turned to look at the clock beside his bed. They'd spent the past four hours in bed, and she couldn't even remember how many orgasms she'd had. He managed to make her feel safer and more happy than she could ever remember being, and she knew that this wasn't just any special relationship. This was Derek Shepherd, and she wasn't going to allow herself to let him slip away. She was quickly depending on him to make her life whole, and she didn't want to lose that.

"Here you are," Derek announced as he came back into the room, cheesecake in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other, a bottle of chocolate syrup cradled between his arm and his stomach.

"Hmm, you're the best boyfriend ever," Meredith giggled as she sat up and reached for the cheesecake. "Although...as much as I love chocolate sauce, I'm not sure I want it on my cheesecake."

Derek smirked as he set the wine and the syrup on the bedside table and sat down on the bed beside her. "It's for later," he whispered, opening his mouth for the bite of cheesecake she was offering him.