38

Meredith looked up from her lesson plans a week later when there was a knock at the door. She frowned as she glanced at the clock, realizing that it was only eight. Derek was at work, and she'd eaten dinner by herself before settling down with some work to get done so she could be free for his day off on Sunday. She'd quickly realized that if she made the most of the time he spent at the hospital to work, they could take advantage of his time off.

"Lexie," she said as she opened the door. "What are you doing here? Is everything okay?"

"Just figured I'd stop by and say hi," Lexie giggled as she pushed past Meredith into the apartment. "Addison said that Derek and Mark are working tonight, so we figured we'd have a girls' night."

"Hi Mer," Addison smiled as she walked into the room. "Liz is on her way, she had to find something for Shawn to do. Apparently he's just as pathetic as the rest of those idiots we call our boyfriends."

"Girls' night?" Meredith repeated, still focused on Lexie's words. "What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, you know, gossip, junk food, chick flicks," Lexie said. "We used to do it all the time when we lived together."

"I guess," she smiled, looking up as Liz stumbled into the apartment.

"Sorry I'm late," she breathed. "You didn't start without me, did you? I had to take of something."

"We just got here," Addison replied. "Come on, Mer. We've got ice cream and chocolate."

Meredith stared at Liz for a moment before she stated, "You just had sex."

"What?" Liz cried, a slight laugh coming from her lips. "I...no."

"You so did," Meredith laughed. "Look at her hair."

"Definite sex hair," Addison nodded.

"You're sick," Liz stated, storming into the living room. "All of you."

Meredith giggled as she moved to sit beside Liz on the couch. "We're just kidding," she said.

"Well, I don't want to talk about my sex life with you," Liz blushed.

"I'll talk about mine," Addison volunteered. "Mark can surprisingly be very gentle, when he's not a wild animal."

"Hmmm," Meredith nodded. "Derek is completely amazing. But then again, a man of that size...can't really go wrong with that."

Liz winced. "That's my big brother you're talking about," she said.

"Sorry," Meredith giggled. "We can talk about your sex life instead."

"I don't want to," Liz insisted.

"Fine," Meredith nodded, turning to Addison. "Derek does this thing in the shower that drives me crazy. He makes me grab my ankles, and then he thrusts his..."

"Okay!" Liz cried. "That's enough."

Meredith and Addison turned to look at her expectantly. "Well?" Meredith prompted.

"Fine," Liz sighed. "Shawn's...well, he's amazing. And I don't have very much experience with other men, but the way that he makes me feel is just completely amazing."

Addison sighed as she leaned back into the cushions of the couch. "Yeah," she sighed. "I know what you mean. Mark can make me forget my own name."

"When we were in Italy the reception desk called up to ask us to kindly respect the stay of the other guests in the hotel and keep the screaming to a minimum," Meredith giggled. "That's when I first realized that Derek goes crazy when I tie him up."