83

"You remembered the stuffed animals?" Meredith asked as Derek pulled into Mark and Addison's driveway.

"They're in the back," Derek laughed. "Although Becky seemed to think they were for her."

"Like she doesn't have enough of her own," Meredith giggled. "There are times when I go to grab them out of the cribs and I don't even know where they are, there's too many stuffed animals."

"They're not that spoiled," Derek frowned as he shut off the engine and moved to the trunk for the diaper bag.

"They kind of are," she laughed as she reached to take Melanie out of the car seat. "Right sweetie? You and your sister are very spoiled. But it's okay, because you deserve it."

"Loved," Derek argued as he pulled Becky into her arms. "You ready to meet your cousin Mark?"

Becky cooed slightly, giggling as Derek carried her towards the door. Meredith smiled as she rang the doorbell, turning to look at Derek. "You're sure Addison's okay for visitors?" she asked. "Because remember when you told Lexie and George it was okay to come over when I hadn't slept in forty hours and your daughters screamed the entire time causing me to have a nervous breakdown?"

"That was different," Derek sighed. "And apparently Mark's a pretty quiet baby, not like our little hellions."

"I kind of hate Addison right now."

"Shep!" Mark announced as he flung the door open. "Where are my nieces?"

"Right here," Derek smiled, holding Becky out to him. "They're starting to get a little shy, she might not stay with you for long."

"I'm her Uncle Mark, she loves me," Mark grinned, staring down at the baby. "Are you ready to meet your future husband?"

"You're pathetic," Meredith rolled her eyes as she and Derek followed Mark into the house. "Hey Addie."

"Mer," Addison smiled, looking up from the newborn cradled into her arms. "How are you?"

"I'm good," Meredith said, handing Melanie to Derek before sitting down on the couch. "Hi Mark," she breathed.

"He's a great baby," Addison smiled as Meredith offered the baby her finger. "He's got a lot of me in him."

"Hey!" Mark protested, causing Becky to burst into tears at the sound of his loud, powerful voice.

"Come here sweetie," Meredith breathed, reaching for her daughter and rubbing her back gently.

"Is she okay?" Mark asked.

"She's fine," Meredith nodded. "They're just clingy, and a little skittish around anyone besides me and Derek."

"Okay," Mark sighed.

"There we go," Meredith smiled she rubbed Becky's back gently, her sobs calming to small hiccups. "Look, sweetie. There's your cousin Mark. You're going to spend a lot of time with him."

Becky stared at the baby in Addison's arms for a moment, her eyes widening as Mark's hand reached out, brushing against Becky's. "She's so curious," Addison smiled as she reached a free hand out to run a hand over Becky's curls. "You look like your mommy. Very pretty."

"I know," Meredith smiled as she kissed the baby's head. "You want to play, sweetie? Let's get your blanket on the ground and you and Mellie can play with the toys we brought."

"So are you going to call the baby Mark?" Derek asked as he handed Melanie to Mark and spread their blanket on the ground.

"Why not?" Mark asked, his voice significantly softer than it had been as Melanie looked up at him with curious eyes. "It's a good strong name. Mark Jacob Sloan. A man's name."