50

"Wake up, sleepyhead," Meredith giggled as she leaned over Derek's body the next morning.

"Ugh," he groaned, burying his face further into the pillow and pulling her down to him. "Sleep."

"A little hungover?" she asked.

"So much alcohol," he groaned.

"Yes, you made that clear in your fight with the coffee table," she smiled. "Which you clearly lost," she frowned, running her hands over the large bruise on his forehead. "Does that hurt?"

"A little," he groaned. "Light is bad."

"I'll turn the lights off," she nodded. "And get you some ice."

"Hmmm," Derek groaned as he rolled onto his back, pulling her on top of him. "Sex."

She frowned and pushed herself off of his chest as he stood. "Brush your teeth," she ordered. "And if we don't get some ice on that bruise, it's going to get a lot worse."

"Fine," he sighed, sitting up and burying his head in his hands for a moment.

"You okay?" she frowned.

"My head is about to be split in two," he groaned.

She smiled as she leaned forward to press a gentle kiss to his forehead. "I'll get you some Tylenol," she said. "And then I have to go to work."

"Work is stupid," Derek said. "Take the day off."

"I can't," she rolled her eyes. "My students need me."

"Fine," he sighed. "No morning sex?"

"No morning sex," Meredith said sadly. "But you can blame yourself for not getting any last night since you were too drunk to have sex."

Derek frowned. "How about you just get me my medicine and go to work?" he said.

"I'm going," she smiled, walking into the kitchen. As she grabbed an ice pack out of the freezer and filled a glass with water, she smiled softly, knowing that Derek was going to milk this for everything it was worth. She really hadn't been expecting him to come home that drunk, but she hadn't minded. Drunk Derek had a tendency to be completely adorable. Even though she'd initially been annoyed that he hadn't come home and then woken her in the middle of the night, it was worth it for the entertainment he'd provided. Yesterday had been a good day, she'd finally been able to find a wedding dress that she loved, and the little show by Derek in the middle of the night had only served to make it even better.

"Alright, my alcoholic fiancé," she sighed as she walked back into the bedroom, sitting down beside him on the bed. "Drink this. And put the ice on your face, it will feel better."

Derek sighed as he swallowed the pills, then reached for the ice pack. "Thanks," he smiled.

Meredith smiled down at him, reaching out to run her fingers through his hair as he leaned back against the pillows. "Are you going to be okay?" she asked.

"Just got to sleep it off," Derek sighed. "You've got to get to work."

"I have a couple minutes," she nodded. "Derek?"

"Hmmm?"

"That wasn't...you didn't like go out and get drunk last night because you're getting cold feet about the wedding, did you?" Meredith whispered. "I mean, I think it's completely normal to get nervous, but I just want to know. Because if you don't think I'm going to be a good wife or something, I can learn. I'll learn whatever you need me to, Derek, I love you and I completely can't wait to be your wife. But I hope you're excited for that too, and if you're not, I can..."