53

"Seriously?" Meredith heard Addison yell as she made her way up to her apartment a few months later. "Is this happening right now?"

That could not be good. Derek had told her he was going to have some fellow interns over to study for their test that was coming up in six short weeks, but from the sounds of it, there was very little studying going on. She rolled her eyes as she walked into the apartment, Derek, George, and Mark all lined up on the couch with beer bottles in hand while Addison stood in front of the TV, hands on her hips and her eyes flaring.

"Aw, they just scored!" Mark groaned. "Addie, we have to watch the game!"

"No you don't," she replied. "I guess I was stupid enough to think that you idiots would actually help me study! But of course not, you're sitting here watching some stupid baseball game."

"Whoa!" Derek interrupted, pointing an accusing finger at her. "That was just mean."

"You're an idiot," Addison shot back, reaching for the huge pile of textbooks on the table and storming towards Meredith. "All of you. I hope you all fail your intern exam. I hope this game is worth it."

"It is," the three of them said at the same time without tearing their eyes from the TV.

Addison rolled her eyes as she turned to Meredith. "They're out of control," she said. "Not one of them has opened a single book."

"Derek has," Meredith nodded. "I refuse to give him sex if he doesn't study."

"Well, at least you have time for sex," Addison rolled her eyes. "Seriously, can't you convince him that he needs to turn the stupid game off? Isn't he all like seize the day or whatever?"

"He was," Meredith nodded. "For a couple months. But he seemed to think having babies were the only thing that would really make him move on. When I told him if he asked me one more time I would go straight to the hospital to get my tubes tied...he kind of just became an idiot."

"Great," Addison rolled her eyes. "Well, you have to convince him to study. Because he and Mark do everything the other does, and George...well he just follows Derek around like a lost little puppy dog."

Meredith sighed. "There are so many reasons why it's wrong that Derek is the ringleader of the three stooges over there," she said. She stared at the back of their heads for a moment before she announced, "Addison and I are about to take off our shirts and make out."

Three heads immediately whipped around to face them, their eager expressions fading as they laid eyes on Meredith and Addison, fully clothed and staring back at them with not amused expressions on their face. "That's just mean," Mark said.

"Never ever joke about girl on girl," Derek pouted as they turned back to look at the TV.

"Well, that worked," Addison rolled her eyes.

"At least it got their attention," Meredith sighed.

"Yeah, instead of cheering over the baseball game they were drooling all over us," Addison stated.

"I know, hang on," Meredith bit her lower lip. "Maybe I can get Derek to think about the wedding, and then convince him that before we get married he has to take this test. That should get him to study."

Addison watched as Meredith moved towards the couch, sliding into Derek's lap and wrapping an arm around his neck. Hopefully this would work.

"Hey," Meredith murmured, leaning in to nibble on his earlobe.

"Mer," Derek shifted uncomfortably, his hands automatically going to her hips. "I'm trying to watch the game."

Meredith sighed dramatically as she pulled back from him. "I know," she said. "But... our wedding is six weeks away."