56

Someone was watching her.

That was the first thought Meredith had as she slipped into consciousness the next morning. The second was the fact that she was getting married. Today. She was going to be Derek's wife.

"Hmm," she sighed as she turned to look into the eyes of her fiancé. The man who would be her husband in less than twelve hours. "Good morning," she whispered, smiling widely.

"Very good morning," Derek smiled, reaching out to stroke her hair as he leaned down to kiss her softly.

"How long have you bee awake?"

"Awhile," he smiled, reaching down to trace the skin of her stomach. "You're cute when you sleep."

"I'm not cute," Meredith giggled. "I'm a bride. Brides are supposed to be beautiful and pure."

"You're beautiful too. Pure...I'm not so sure about," Derek laughed. "But you're still cute. And you're mine."

"Yours," Meredith smiled. "Do you think your sisters have made it here yet? Or are they still flying?"

"I don't know," he laughed softly. "I thought they were going to kill us when we told them."

"Matt wasn't too happy about buying the last minute tickets," Meredith giggled. "Neither was Liz."

"I'm glad they're going to be here," Derek said softly. "As much as I love this plan for getting married...it wouldn't have been the same without them. So I'm glad they finally gave in."

"Your mom's so excited," Meredith sighed, snuggling closer to him.

"Hmmm," Derek nodded. "What do you want to do today?"

"Besides getting married?" she giggled.

"Well, that's tonight," Derek said, smiling down at her as he ran his hands through her hair.

"Well..." Meredith sighed, shoving him onto his back and rolling on top of him. "We could go have breakfast with your mom and Mark and Addie and wait for your sisters to come."

"Or..." Derek murmured, running his hands over her sides.

"Or we could go to the beach and lie in the sun," Meredith murmured, taking his earlobe into her mouth. "Be nice and tan for our wedding."

"Hmm," Derek moaned. "Can't be sunburned for the pictures."

"Good point," Meredith giggled.

"So we could just...stay here all day."

"What are we going to do here?" Meredith pouted.

"I can think of a few things..." Derek smiled, rocking his hips against hers.

Meredith moaned loudly at the feeling of his body beneath his. "Derek," she gasped as he reached down to stroke her gently. "Oh God..."

Before they could continue, there was a loud pounding on the door, and Mark's voice carried through the room. "If you two are fucking each other, I'd suggest stopping. Nance just called, their plane landed and they're on their way here."

"Tell them we'll see them at the wedding," Derek groaned, bringing Meredith back down to him.

"Right," Mark rolled his eyes. "She says that since you dragged them all the way out here, you've got to spend the day with them. They'll let you start the honeymoon tomorrow."

Meredith sighed as she rolled off of Derek, moving towards her suitcase. "He has a point," she said.

"I guess," Derek frowned. "But what am I supposed to do with this?"