Chapter 23

MIRABELLE'S POV

I went to my closet and started looking for an outfit. After finding one I put it on and starting looking for heels and jewelry. After that I put on the heels and jewelry then I sprayed some perfume and looked at myself in the mirror.I also decided to add a black blazer to go with the outfit.

I looked good

I looked good. My scars were covered and my curves were showing. I went to the vanity and decided on some light makeup. I'm not a big fan so I went with some concealer, blush, highlighter, and lip balm. I took my phone and put it in my pocket in the dress.

My hair was naturally curly so I didn't do anything with it. I took one last glance at the mirror and started making my way downstairs.

My heels clanked against the marble floors as I made
my way to the kitchen where I heard voices. I entered the kitchen and saw dad, Alexander, Vincent, Leonardo,Alfonso, and Elias.

I saw Elias and Alfonso munching on the cookies I made earlier today.

Once they saw me they stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me with their mouths hanging open. They were looking at me with wide eyes while I just stood there contemplating what to do.

"Do I look bad?" I whispered feeling nervous while looking at all of them.

Alexander cleared his throat and I saw his eyes soften "No amore(love) you look beautiful."

This made me smile. No one has ever complimented me. All I ever heard about myself was that I was ugly, worthless, a mistake and basically every bad word in the dictionary.

All of them nodded their heads at Alexander's words and I felt myself smile brighter.

I looked more clearly at them and saw that they were wearing all black suits while others were wearing navy blue suits. They looked good. I mean we are a good looking family after all.

All of them looked dangerous yet mysterious.

"God who made these cookies, they're soooo good." Elias said while shoving more cookies in his mouth.