Chapter 45

MIRABELLE'S POV

"Ricardo." I breathed out.

I still couldn't believe that he was standing in the same room as me. His eyes were wide in surprise and shock, his mouth was hanging open. He looked just as surprised as me.

Suddenly his eyes watered and he started running towards me and I did the same. I met him halfway and jumped in his arms.

"Alexandra." He whispered, almost like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

I hugged him with all my might, his arms were wrapped tightly around me.

"Oh my god." I gasped and leaned back a little to look up at him.

We looked at each other and then he kissed my forehead and hugged me again.

But then anger took over me and I let go and slapped him right across his face. His head whipped to the side and he held his cheek.

"Years! I waited years for just a text! Just a text! Did I not mean anything to you at all? Am I that easy to forget?" I yelled at him, tears wetting my cheeks. All my pent up emotions towards him finally free.

"No no, of course not, you mean everything to me. I would die for you and I would kill for you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said as his tears went down his cheeks.

He hugged me again and cried on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He kept whispering over and over again while rubbed his back, trying to calm his down.

"I missed you so much hermana(sister). So much." He whispered and I hugged him tighter.

"Me too hermano(brother), me too." I whispered back, because I truly did miss him. I missed my brother, yes we're not blood related but we treated each other as siblings.

We let go and I looked up at him and asked "How's Diego?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" He chuckled and stepped back.

Just then a younger version of Ricardo stepped forward, he was also looking shocked and happy at the same time.

"Alexa." He whispered and came forward and hugged me.

"Oh Diego." I said as I hugged him tighter.

"Look at you, you got taller and removed your braces." I said as we let go and patted his cheek.

He huffed and slapped my hand away playfully "Don't remind me."

I laughed and decided to tease him more "How's Jazzy?" I asked wiggling my brows, she was his crush and he'd blush every time I teased him about her.

He groaned and ran his hand down his face "Oh my god, why you gotta embarrass me like that?"

I shrugged and bit back a laugh. Our reunion was cut off by someone clearing their throat.

The three of us looked towards the person and saw that it was the older version of Ricardo and Diego, who's of course their father.

"You guys know each other." My dad asked with a raised eyebrow.

We nodded and then a beautiful older woman said "How do you guys know each other?"

I looked at the both of them nervously, not sure if I should answer since we didn't meet normally.

Ricardo looked at his parents and cleared his throat "Do you remember when we came home one night bruised up and Diego had a bandage on his shoulder?" He asked them and they nodded their heads.

"Well," he rubbed his hands together and glanced at me "It was actually Alexa that helped us that night. She bandaged us up and we hang out for a while. Time passed and became friends, so yeah."

His mom gasped and came rushing towards me and engulfed me in a rugged hug. I heard her sniff and hugged her back.

"Oh my god. It was you. Thank you for saving my babies." She cried and put a hand over her mouth.

Her husband then came forward and hugged her "Thank you for saving my boys." He told me and shook my hand.

I blushed from all the attention from my family and the guests.

"It was no problem." I replied.

After the introduction we sat down as the maids put the food down. We ate as the older ones talked about business, I just zoned out so I didn't listen.

I felt someone poke me so I looked beside me and saw Diego looking at me "What?" I asked.

"What are you doing here? I mean, how are you related to the Romano's?" He asked seriously.

"They are my biological family." I said taking a bite of the steak.

"Ohhh." He nodded his head and continued eating.

Soon dinner was done and the older ones went to the office while we, the younger ones went to the living room.

We sat down and Diego sat down beside me. My brothers and cousins were glaring at him and it's getting g annoying.

"Stop." I said unamused.

"What?" Giovanni raised his eyebrows.

"Stop glaring at him." I said mimicking his action.

"Well he's sitting too close to you." He clapped back as I looked at him shocked.

"Calm down man, she's like a sister to me, I won't do anything." Diego said raising his hands up in surrender.

Gio rolled his eyes and kept glaring at him.

I turned to Diego and asked "So, how's school?"

He groaned but answered "It's good, but theirs this girl that won't leave me alone."

I laughed and that's how our time went. We laughed and recalled all memories.

An hour passed and the older ones came down the stairs.

I looked at Ricardo and he gave me a bright smile. I got up and moved towards him. We exchanged numbers and decided to meet up on Saturday.

We hugged one last time, same with Diego and his parents.

Then we all went our separate ways to change so I went to my room and changed into sweats and came back down to the kitchen.

I decided to back brownies. I mixed the batter and then put it in the oven.

Once it was done I waited for them to cool down and plated them with ice cream.

Everyone came down and took a plate. "These are soooo good." Gianni said shoving a brownie in his mouth.

We all had some and everyone thanked me and after that we went to our rooms.

I did my night routine and jumped on my bed. Snuggling in the warm covers.

I thankfully slept without nightmares this time.