Chapter 42

ALEXEI'S POV

"What the fuck did you just say?" Giovanni seethed pointing his gun at me. Shit I just had to open my big mouth.

"Like hell you're taking my sister out on a date!" Elijah yelled slamming his fist on the table.

All the males in the room, except my dad, nodded their heads in agreement to what he said.

I sighed and looked at Antonio "Please let me take her out. Give me a chance. I promise I won't do anything. I really like her." I said looking at him hopelessly.

He was looking at me emotionlessly. His face was blank and not an ounce of emotion was seen in his eyes.

I started getting nervous at this point. What if he says no and convinces her to back out? What if he doesn't allow me to see her again?

"Once. And we'll see what happens next." He said after ten minutes of silence.

"You can't be fucking serious dad!" Giovanni exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.

"Dad please tell me that you're not serious." Elias said coming closer to Antonio's desk.

Antonio looked at them all with a specific look that I couldn't understood.

They younger ones backed down but when I thought that I was safe I saw Alexander making his way towards me slowly. His gun was in his hand and he was swinging it back and forth carelessly.

I gulped nervously. Alexander scares the shit out of me. He's her eldest brother therefore the most protective.

He came nearer and nearer and I kept taking steps backwards. My back hit the wall and I looked at him. I know that he could see my nervousness.

He bought the gun and put it between my eyes. He pushed it further on my head making me grit my teeth to stop myself from hissing in pain.

He leaned closer and whispered dangerously in my ear in a cold voice which sent a shiver of fear run down my spine.

"If you even think about hurting il mio bambino(my baby) I'll kill you. I don't care if we're allies. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head rapidly. Of course I would never do that to my flower.

"I won't I promise." I said, determination bursting in me.

He nodded his head slowly and then put his gun back in the back of his suit pants.

He backed away and sat on a sofa. I took a deep breath and looked to see that all her family were glaring at me except the women who looked happy.

I scratched my neck a bit from all the tension and sat beside my dad.

After a while everything went back to normal. After an hour I had to go the bathroom so I excused myself to go since I already know where it is.

I was walking down the hallway, not paying attention to my surroundings when suddenly something bumped into me.

I caught the person, I figured it was a person, and held them still. I heard a gasp and looked down only to see the face that I haven't been able to forget.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't see you!" She rushed out, her face turning red from embarrassment. She still hasn't looked at me, she probably thought that it was someone else.

I lifted her chin so she could see me and when she did her eyes widened. She blushed and looked away from my gaze.

"Hello Детка(baby)." I whispered in her ear and I saw her shiver.

"H-hey Alexei." She whispered and looked at me giving me a small smile.

But then her eyebrows furrowed and a frown sat in her face with a cute pout on her lips. Those rosy lips that I wanted to kiss so bad but I had to remind myself that it's too soon and she might get scared.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and just then did I realize that she had her small soft hands pressed against my chest.

My heart started beating faster and I'm pretty sure that she could feel how fast my heart is beating.

"Why? Do you want me to leave?" I teased with a grin.

Her eyes widened and she rushed out her words "W-what n-no I d-didn't mean I-it like that." She blushed and put her hands over her face.

I laughed loudly and hugged her. She tensed for a while and when I went to remove my hands she hugged me back.

She fits so perfectly in my arms and I've never felt this warm before.

"I know you didn't I was just messing with you." I muttered and I heard her let a breath of relief.

We let go and I looked down at her excitedly "Are you ready for tomorrow?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.

Her eyes lit up and she nodded her head rapidly making her beautiful hair bounce.

"I am. I'm really excited!" She said smiling brightly showing off her dimples.

Her smile is so perfect and it makes me go crazy. I feel happy when she smiles and I feel sad when she's upset.

"I am too!" I replied which caused her to blush. I could tell that my words made her happy.

"And to answer your question, our dads are discussing some business." I said.

Though I could see the worry and fear in her eyes when I looked at her. She had dark circles under her eyes and she looked a little pale which concerned me.

I decided not to question her and let it go, hopefully she'll tell me on her own when she feels comfortable and when she trusts me enough.

Our moment was interrupted when someone cleared their throat.

We both looked to see who it is and saw Ezekiel looking at his sister with so much softness and gentleness.

She immediately went to him and hugged him while he kissed her forehead tenderly.

We went back to the office and talked about the legal business since Mirabelle was in the room and soon enough we bid each other Goodnight and we went home.

We reached, had dinner and laughed and talked as a family and went to our rooms for the night.

I did my night routine and jumped on my bed and sighed when I felt my body relax on the soft mattress.

I went to sleep with a smile on my face and being excited for tomorrow for our date.