Chapter 62

THIRD PERSON'S POV

                                  "I'm sorry"

The Romano's are getting ready for the ball yet they don't know what's coming for them.

The oldest and youngest Romano's aren't on good terms, yet no one knows why. Even the youngest doesn't.

Both are hurting yet the one inflicting the pain will regret his actions soon, but until then it'll be too late. No one knows why he's doing what he's doing, even him, a part of him says 'I need to protect her', while the other part says 'you're hurting her instead of protecting her.' And that's what is confusing him.

He can't seem to make up his mind, he's constantly battling with himself yet he can't bring it to himself and talk to her.

He can't have the same incident get repeated again. He can't see his sister getting cornered like that and almost get shot. Not again.

Now, standing in-front of the mirror in his bedroom, fixing his tie and finishing the the last touches so they can leave. Once they finished his hands calmly went down to his sides and he stood there.

He stood there and looked at his reflection in the mirror. Looking at the mirror he could see his sister in himself. Her eyes, her hair, her face structure, everything. It's like looking at her. It's crazy how much they look alike.

He badly, really badly wants to amend to her and apologize but he's holding himself back. He misses her, so much. He misses how her eyes would light up whenever he entered the room, or when she'd always ask how his day went, their late night talks, whenever the would go out on their sibling dates. He misses all those things, he misses doing those things with her.

When he opened the freezer the other day and saw his favorite ice cream with his name on it, he smiled thinking and knowing that she was the one to get him it. But then a frown covered his face when he remembered her disappointed and heartbroken face when he said no.

He felt his chest hurt thinking about that day and how much his words hurt her. He so badly wanted to chase after her and make it up for her, but he couldn't, he restrained himself and buried himself in work so he wouldn't think about her, yet his mind always travelled to her.

He shook his head and sighed, he sprayed his favorite cologne and looked one last time in the mirror and started making his way down to the lobby where he knew he would find his family.

His shoes tapped against the clear marble floor and his walk just screams respect and authority. He knew he's respected and feared and he likes that.

He walked and turned till he reached the front door. His brothers and the rest of the family were standing there conversing seriously. Probably about the security in the ball.

He walked to his fathers side and nodded at him, his father returned the greeting with a nod of his own and continued his conversation with grandpa.

The clicking of heels were soon heard and everyone's heads turned to look at the youngest Romano, also known as the only girl in the family.

Mirabelle Romano emerged from around the corner in a white gown, crystals and some light shimmer on the dress glowed under the lights. Her hair was curled beautifully and softly, it reached to her mid back and shined.