Chapter 66

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Mirabelle gasped and put a hand over her mouth to muffle her cries. Her eyes filled with tears as she gazed at the promise ring inside the box.

"Alexei." She whispered, still in a daze and glanced up at him awestruck. Her eyes filled with adoration.

Alexei took the ring out of the box and gently held her hand. He slid the ring on her finger and softly kissed her knuckles.

"I'll replace this ring with a wedding one in the future." He said, his mind already planning their future.

"It's beautiful." She said and lightly brushed her fingers over the sparkling diamond.

Alexei smiled, feeling happy.

"I need to tell you something." He said after a couple minutes of silence.

Belle stopped looking at the ring and focused her attention on his nervous form.

Alexei took a deep breath and fiddled with his rings nervously.

"I-I love you." He chocked out and looked at his lap, not wanting to loo at her face.

It was silent for a while, and his heart beating loudly in his chest. He's fearing that he might've said it too soon.

"I love you more, Alexei." Belle replied with so much happiness and love in her voice, that all his insecurity's were thrown out the window.

His head snapped upward to look at her. He couldn't help the bright smile that covered his entire face. He leaned towards her and cupped her face.

"That's impossible." He said and smashed his lips on hers.

His tongue slid in her mouth, marking her as his, and tasting the strawberry gum she was chewing. His tongue explored every inch of her mouth, making sure to memorize everything. His piercing making contact with her tongue, emitting a soft moan from her. It was the most gentle kiss they've ever shared. And they were going to remember it for the rest of their lives.

Once they were getting out of breath, they let go and stared at each other, love and adoration swimming in their eyes.

They bursted out laughing a few minutes later. They looked like little kids, confessing their love for each other.

After a while they talked a bit, Belle saying how much she can't wait to leave and Alexei promising to go out on a date.

Later, a knock on the door was heard. Alfonso peaked his head inside and smiled at the sight of his little sister.

"I'm afraid, missy here needs to take her medication and rest, so you're gonna have to continue tomorrow." He explained.

Alexei nodded in understanding, after all her health is what most matters. He got up from beside her on the bed and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow,okay? Take care of yourself." He said sternly at the end, knowing how stubborn she can be.

She nodded and smiled, leaning upwards a bit to hug him, which he returned. With a final bye he walked towards the door and opened it.

He turned around one last time, he was hesitant to leave, but one look at her and her smile of encouragement was enough, he turned forward again, but turned to look at her. She rolled her eyes playfully and put her thumbs up, indicating she was fine.

He physically left, but mentally, he's always with her.

He made his way towards his car and started driving home. He couldn't wait to tell his parents the good news. With everything that has happened, he forgot to give them a call.

He rubbed his head in frustration, knowing their would be a headache coming. His parents see Belle as their own, his siblings adore her, so when they know that he knew she woke up and didn't tell them, is bad.

Once he arrived he parked and got out, the guards nodding in respect, which he returned. He made his way towards the door and opened it, only to find his family standing there with murderous looks on their faces, even Ivan and Egor were glaring at him.

He frowned and looked at each one of them, already knowing what's gonna happen.

"When were you gonna tell us?!" Alina exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air, looking furious.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I forgot, when Leo called me, I went crazy, it slipped my mind mom." He tried to reason and looked at her pleadingly, yet Alina wasn't having it.

She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him, her face turning red. Ivan and Egor stomped towards their eldest brother and started kicking and punching his leg with their tiny feet and tiny fists.

"Why didn't you tell us?! We missed Belle and we wanted to see her!" Ivan yelled.

"Yeah!" Egor backed his older brother up.

Vadim put his fist over his mouth and tried to muffle his laughter.

"Yeah bro, why didn't you tell us?" Vadim teased and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh! I know why, you wanted her all to yourself, am I right?" He said and finally barked out the laugh he's been trying to hold.

Ivan and Egor gasped when it finally clicked, "You didn't wanna tell us! I'm gonna tell Belle what you did."

Egor nodded his head in agreement, and with a finally kick to Alexei's leg, they ran over to Alina and Dima.

Alexei laughed when they started kicking and punching him with their tiny fists and legs, he could barely feel it.

Once they all talked it out, they made their way to the living room and sat down, Alexei explained everything that happened and told them how Belle is doing and that she's being discharged tomorrow. They were happy and relived to know that she's doing well and decided to surprise her tomorrow at the Romano mansion, kinda like a 'welcome home', or 'get well soon'.

Alexei asked how and when they knew, they explained that Antonio had called Dima and told him the good news.

Once everything was settled, everyone went their separate ways to get ready for the night.

Alexei went inside his room and went over to the bathroom. He had a quick shower and did his night routine, that including his skin care and brushing his teeth.

Once his was done he turned off the lights and made his way to the room. He lifted the covers and a scarf was seen. He smiled and picked it up, he bought it closer to his and inhaled the heavenly scent.

This scarf belonged to Belle, and she forgot it over at his when she stayed the night, he kept it close to him all the time when she wasn't near him, when he missed her he would bring it close to his chest and remember their moments.

He smiled and lied down on the bed, hugging the scarf close to him, he closed his eyes and finally could sleep happily, knowing that his flower was better and waiting for him.