Chapter 43

MIRABELLE'S POV

I woke up the next day with a killer headache. I groaned and rubbed my head, trying to ease the pain but that didn't work.

I lied there for a bit before I decided to get up and start the day. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and did my morning routine.

I went to my closet and started looking for an outfit to wear.

I put on my clothes, shoes, jewelry and perfume then made my way to my room

I put on my clothes, shoes, jewelry and perfume then made my way to my room. I made my bed and cleaned up the messes. Then I put my phone in my pocket and start making my way downstairs.

I entered the kitchen to find dad and Alfonso. I greeted them and start helping Alfonso preparing breakfast.

We talk and conversed while chopping fruits and flipping pancakes so thankfully nothing was awkward.

I'm glad that they're still treating me the same. They aren't treating me like glass after they found out and I'm grateful for that.

Soon we set up the table and the food was done. Everyone started piling in and took their seats.

We greeted each other and started dishing up our plates. We laughed and joked around when suddenly their was a knock on the dining room door.

"Come in." Dad yelled.

The door opened to reveal a guard. I didn't get a good look at him first but then recognized him.

"I apologize for disturbing. But I just wanted to return this." He said and showed the plastic container.

I grinned and stood up. I moved towards him and he immediately smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Mirabelle, I just wanted to return this. They guys loved the cookies." He said grinning.

I laughed at his statement and took the container which was in his hand.

"Well I'm glad, I'll make sure to make some and bring them to you." I said.

He laughed and shook his head "You're too nice kid."

I shrugged and soon he left. I turned around and saw the whole family looking at me.

"What?" I asked frowning while moving towards my seat.

"How do you know him bambina?" Dad asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"I don't, I made cookies a while ago and made some for the guards and he's returning the container."

They looked at me with an emotion that I couldn't exactly pinpoint. It was silent for a while but the silence was broken by Vito.

"The ball is in a month." He said making everyone snap their heads towards him.

I frowned. What are they talking about?