Pretty soon, you'll be mine.

"Wait-" Mikoto started going after him, ignoring the people's voices from behind her.

It was about 10 minutes of following him. She kept calling out for him to stop.

Finally, they became alone as they reached a dead end. She started panting heavily with her hands on her knees to catch her breath. "Please...I.."

"Why are you following me?" He looked at her over his shoulder. His voice came out sounding more irritated than he intended. He was more stressed than he was angry, but it didn't come off that way.

"S-sorry. I- well." She started to stutter a bit as she rummaged into a pocket. She took out a bunch of ribbon strands and slowly walked towards him.

"Your arm... it's bleeding because of me." She lowered her eyes to the ground.

He eyed the ribbons. His expression softened until he seemed sad and uncertain about something. Logically, it was obvious what she was doing. Yet he found it hard to believe that she followed him all the way there just to help him. "What are you doing?"

"It'll get infected if it's not covered." She delicately took his arm and started to wrap the ribbons like a bandage. "Sorry, this is all I have."

They were a shade of pink with a random design of chibi cats on them. She awkwardly rambled, "My name's Mikoto Higasa. I don't know how else to thank you- I, well..."

He looked away from her. She was being so kind. He wanted to leave, but he also didn't want to at the same time. If he ran off, he might never see her again.

It could be the last act of kindness he ever receives.

"Higasa..." He repeated her name quietly. "My name is Shoto Todoroki."

"Well, Todoroki," She was finishing wrapping up the make shift bandage.

"If it weren't for you, I don't know what would have happened to me. Thank you for saving me." She looked at him with a sincere smile.

He turned around so that he was facing her entirely. Her smile made it difficult to think straight. He forced himself to walk past her anyway. "I have to go. Don't get in trouble like that again."

"I'm a bit lost." She laughed nervously. "My phone's dead... Um.. can you point me a direction on how to get back to the city district?"

"I think you need to take two rights and a left," he responded as he walked. He really wasn't sure himself since he didn't get out much. He could only hope that he was remembering correctly.

He kept walking. His hopes of seeing her again weren't very high, but he wanted to. He wished that he could have said more to her. Maybe if they had met differently somehow, they could have been friends. Shoto couldn't have friends in his circumstances though. At least, not without the risk of something happening to them.

...

It was about 7:57 PM. Mikoto had just arrived home late. Her clothes were a little dirty and wrinkled from everything that happened earlier.

Upon opening the door, she groaned. "I'm home finally."

Mikoto's mom was sitting in a chair with a book in hand. She looked up from her book when she heard her daughter enter the room. "What took you so long?"

"You see these men tried to-" Mikoto tried to speak.

"You're seeing boys now?!" The dad's voice boomed. He started to scold her. "Do you want to ruin your sister's reputation?!"

"What- No!" Mikoto stuttered as she froze. "I was in trouble-"

"You got your clothes all dirty," her mother scolded. The woman closed her book with a sigh. "You're old enough to not get yourself into this sort of trouble. We can't trust you to be responsible after all these years?"