Broccoli can't hurt you

Mikoto was waiting at the park. This time, she was wearing a short sleeved top. Revealing the nasty blue and purple bruise on her arm. She felt like dressing up cute- no. Nice. Not cute!

She had a ribbon in her hair as she couldn't go without accessories being in public.

How was she able to escape her parents? Well... She went into the bathroom and pretended she was having massive diarrhea. She said she had to take a dump and not to come in there.

It was a gross excuse, but hey, it worked. She got out of doing chores and snuck out the bathroom's window.

Time passed as she waited at the park. There wasn't any sign of Kazuno.

(Wow. Of course, she won't show up. She's so...) She realized that something might have happened.

Then there appeared Tamaki. Hiding behind an object. Well, facing it.

Mikoto felt nervous as she noticed his presence, "I see you... ehehe.. I guess you're here to take me to that place, huh? I was going to go after being here. N-not that I wasn't going to or anything."

She felt a bit of anxiety that she might have been caught being seen with Kazuno. She realized she planned this poorly as she let out a shaky sigh.

"I was just sent to make sure." He still didn't face her entirely. He turned his head just enough to see her. "And...to walk with you there."

"I was, I was coming, really!" She stammered. "I don't need to be escorted."

If Kazuno wasn't here, did something happen to her? She had a hunch that Izuku may have done something.

Or that Kazuno was mad at her for 'trying to take her place in going'. Whatever. That still made Mikoto upset just thinking about it.

She started to rub her bruised arm. She didn't even care about that either. Why should she care? Why?

(Unlike Kazuno, I care about people. I may not be brave, so what? So what if I can't have confidence to fight?) She was getting consumed by her thoughts that she had forgotten Tamaki was still there.

"Maybe not, but..." He trailed off and sighed. He really didn't know how to explain himself. How could he say that he wanted to make sure she was ok? He had just seen her the day before. Plus, he probably wasn't high on her list of people she wanted to check on her.

He turned around, and that's when he noticed the bruise. His eyes widened. "What happened to your arm?"

"Er," She was surprised he would ask her that. "It's nothing." She started walking with him when she responded. Actually, she was hoping he'd drop it. Or maybe, she did want to talk about it but...

(Why is he asking me anyway? They would kill me if I don't go along with them.)

Plus, she barely knew him. You think this is the kind of story where she'd easily open up?

Cry about it like some Mary Sue sap?

No. For once, Mikoto's thoughts were more irritated and bitter. Not towards him, but her family in general.

It was obviously not nothing, but he didn't feel like prying either. He already felt awkward, and she clearly didn't feel like telling him.

Instead, he focused on the pleasant breeze that went through the area. The sound of people walking about to get to their homes after school. It was around the time when school was letting out, so there were more kids out and about.

(So many people!) He thought nervously. They weren't crowded, but he still didn't like it.

Mikoto noticed Tamaki was slowing down. Due to her nature, she uttered the words to even ask, "Why are you slowing down?"