Them Glorious Arms

Waking up in the hospital was an unpleasant surprise for Shoto. Due to his past where he was locked up a lot as a punishment, he was cleithrophobic. So not having the freedom to leave when he wanted to was enough to nearly put him in a state of panic. Because of this, the hospital restraints were not well received by him.

There were straps under his arms connecting to the top of the bed, straps on his ankles, and one big one across his stomach. One of his wrists was restrained too by something that suppressed his quirk. The other arm was wrapped up in a cast.

That combined with the fact that they hadn't given him anything for the pain caused him to break out in a cold sweat.

That was when he became aware of another presence in the room. He turned his head to the side and spotted Mikoto. Thankfully, she seemed to be mostly healed. They must have decided that she wasn't a criminal.

"Higasa..." She could see how pale his face was. His expression looked like he was silently asking for help, but there wasn't anything she could do at the time. Not when the law was against Shoto.

"Shh. It's ok." She cooed as she placed her hand onto one of his. She tried not to cry as she wished he could be more comfortable. Thankfully, he was alive.

That all of them survived this.

"I'm sorry that you are restrained. I tried convincing them not to." She put on an apologetic look.

When the police and medics arrived prior, they were trying to arrest the other villains. Mikoto and Toya had to convince the police to not arrest anyone just yet.

While that was occurring, Shoto had lost consciousness from all the adrenaline and injuries.

Tenko arrived too, enforcing treatment.

"Sadly, they only agreed to have you all stay in the hospital if you were restrained." She sighed. "You're not hurting anymore because of it, are you?"

"It doesn't hurt any more than it would have normally." He wiggled his hand in the restraint enough to take her hand. His hand was shaking though. He was a lot more scared than he let on.

What if they didn't let him be around her once he was healed enough to leave? What if they hurt him? Or kept him locked up to punish him for his crimes?

"I don't like not being able to move," he admitted. "Could you stay for a while?"

"I won't leave you. I'll stay as long as they don't kick me out." she rubbed his hand softly with her thumb in an attempt to comfort him.

"Don't worry!" she started to stammer as her heart was beginning to ache. Feeling helpless sucks. "I'll figure something out! In a way, you're a victim! They have to see that! R-right?"

She started blinking rapidly to suppress tears from forming. She didn't want Shoto to go to jail. It was unfair. If he goes... She'll just go with him! No big deal.

But she didn't want that. Not for him anyway.

"I hope so. I don't want to be taken away from you," he said. His eyes looked so sad when he said that. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Doing so caused the muscles in his wrist to flex and his skin to rub against the restraint uncomfortably.

Suddenly, he inhaled sharply. Any color that was left drained from his face until he practically looked like a ghost. He started holding his breath as an instinctual reaction to not hyperventilate.

"You won't." Hoping that was the truth... Taking note of his discomfort, Mikoto placed her hand onto his left side of his face. The part where his scar was still revealed at. Her fingers were rather gentle to see if that would help calm him down.