Sleepover!

BOOM!

Jolting her frame once more from the sound, her shoulder slightly bumped into his in her seat.

The door to the place opened up shortly after. It was Tamaki and Nejire. The two of them were drenched from the rain, but they had bags from shopping. Going shopping instead of stealing helped them to keep up appearances as regular high school students.

Tamaki spoke up. "Higasa? What are you doing here?"

Mikoto jerked her head to the side to see the two of them there. Both of them saw the swelled down marking on her cheek.

"Why is your cheek like that?" Nejire asked while tilting her head.

"Er-" Mikoto shifted her eyes awkwardly while trying to not talk about the subject again. She didn't want to cry all over again. Venting can be nice, but just bringing it up again was already causing her eyes to burn.

"Uh-" Shoto started to speak, but Tamaki beat him to it.

"It's ok. You don't have to tell us." Tamaki smiled softly. He walked over to them and opened up the bag in his hand. He handed a bottle of water to Mikoto. When he spoke again, his voice sounded a bit more timid. "I guess you'll be staying here until morning...it's not safe to leave in these conditions."

"Thanks... um. If you don't mind," she fidgeted a little bit.

How Tamaki looked at Mikoto with those soft eyes made Nejire pout a little bit.

Mikoto didn't really catch onto that as she didn't open up the bottle yet. When she glanced towards her, Nejire planted on a different expression. More like an innocent-like smile.

"I don't suppose you were here to join our league?" Nejire commented.

"Uh... I'm not sure, sorry." Mikoto replied apologetically. "Like Amajiki figured, I'll be leaving in the morning so I don't get in trouble."

That and mostly because she would be doing it more for Kazuno. Plus her irrational fears.

"Do we have blankets and pillows for her to use?" Shoto asked.

"We should have some," Tamaki started, "Since we're short two people."

The room went silent for a moment from what Tamaki had said. All was heard was the rain thrashing upon the roof.

A small rumbling sound from the outside. Nejire's eyebrows furrowed while parting her lips to speak, "Do you think... he really killed Satoko? Is she... really gone?"

Shoto didn't know who Satoko was. The puzzled look on his face was understandable.

Mikoto couldn't recall if they said her name before. Well, she's terrible with names anyway. All she could assume was that was the woman that Izuku stole her quirk from. That was the first and only time they met.

She shuddered at the thought of her possibly being dead.

Tamaki's expression saddened as well. "Wouldn't she have come back already if she was alive? I think it's best to not get our hopes up."

Mikoto was about to ask Nejire what Satoko was like, but she already started heading out of the room with an unreadable expression. "...Just get some pillows and blankets for her. I got a lot of thinking to do."

Mikoto felt bad for no reason such a sensitive topic had occurred. Once Nejire left the room, Mikoto got up with a nervous smile. "I'm a bit tired from, er, everything that happened today"

She took a good look around at the place. It was really run down and dirty. Sure, she slept on the floor once but that was when Izuku had her in that one room.