Do I Like Him?

Satoko saw Toya wasn't around anymore so she rushed towards the scene with Tenko following behind her.

There, her face paled to see Nejire shot in her thigh and in her stomach. She was screaming and crying from the pain. Toya's eyes were wide for being so shocked. He didn't anticipate that would happen.

Mikoto was huffing from the small trail of blood going down her arm. She had tried to shield Nejire from the impact, but was too slow.

Her heart was pounding so hard, it felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. She didn't realize she moved without thinking.

The bullet only barely grazed her due to her trying to attempt to assist Nejire. She was crying along with her and shouting at the cops, "Why did you do it?!"

"Kid, calm down-" One cop tried to say.

"SHE WASN'T HURTING ANYONE!!!" She shrieked on top of her lungs.

Satoko's eyes went bloodshot as she kicked one of the cops out of the way. Breaking his gun in action as she ignored Toya yelling at her to stop.

She went towards Nejire's side in an attempt to save her. Kneeling by her side, she attempted to try to calm her down. "Breathe. Steady your breath."

Nejire couldn't believe Mikoto tried to take a hit for her. That's what she wanted to say. After her being a bit snobby, she still went ahead and did that?

But no words came out. Just widened eyes full of droplets and panic. Satoko was doing her best to try to stop the bleeding. Mikoto was trying to aid her.

They both froze when they realized Nejire wasn't breathing anymore. Her face didn't look peaceful at all. Just her mouth gaping open with the terrified expression.

"Is she alive?" Tamaki frantically moved to her side too. He picked up her hand and pressed two fingers against her wrist. Nothing.

Tears filled his eyes. He couldn't believe that she was really gone. She was his only friend for the longest time.

His body was overtaken by sobs. He kept her hand in his own.

Shoto stood by in shock. He tried to reach forward to check on Mikoto, but there was another gunshot. It went close to his arm, but didn't hit it. It was simply a warning.

"Let me go to her!" He demanded.

Tenko was shocked as well. The sight of more death was awful. Even more so because it was the death of a teenager.

"Stop shooting! Just stop it!" Mikoto felt like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. She was trying to go to Shoto, but Satoko grabbed her.

The force knocked her back down into her and Satoko gave a harsh whisper. "Don't freaking move, kid. They'll shoot anyone."

Feeling Mikoto's arm trembling, she let her go.

"Leave. Now." Satoko's face was unreadable as she looked towards Tamaki and Shoto.

They were both about to argue against her, but Satoko yelled louder. "Did I stutter? LEAVE OR SHE'LL DIE TOO FOR GETTING IN THE WAY!"

Satoko's adrenaline was skyrocketing as she had a thirst for bloodshed. She was planning on covering Shoto and Tamaki for their escape.

Mikoto looked towards the two with her eyes glistening. Desperate for them to be safe.

One thing for sure was that they didn't want Mikoto to get hurt any more than she already was. Tamaki tried to reach down to pick up Nejire's body, but Shoto stopped him.