Can You Hear Them?

At the hospital, Izuku had been checked in. No one told that he was in the LoV.

He didn't have any major injuries, but he was struck with severe fatigue. They couldn't find the cause after doing all kinds of tests. Kazuno had been by his side the whole time because she noticed that he seemed a little nervous in the hospital. He tried to hide it from the doctors and nurses, but Kazuno picked up on it. It was likely because of what happened to him when he was younger.

After all the tests, he was given a room to rest in. There was an IV in his arm.

Kazuno was curled up at his side on the bed. Her hand kept going through his soft hair as she tried to keep her own breathing steady. She didn't want to cry again. She had finally managed to stop, but keeping the tears inside was continuing to be a challenge.

"Bad things keep happening to the people I care about." She tried to laugh, but it sounded like a weak attempt. "It feels like I'm cursed or something."

"No..." Izuku's eyes became wide as if he realized something. "It's me, Kazuno. Me. This path that I forcefully set for you to be on. None of this would have happened if it weren't for me."

It's been awhile since Izuku had his insanity brink of panic attacks.

"I said I could make you happy. Here I am doing a great job at it?" He started laughing while breathing hard. It was hitting him how much death was around him.

Why did he have to care so much? Why, oh, why?

It hurts. Hurts. Hurts. HURTS.

"I am happy with you." She started to draw invisible circles on his scalp to try to comfort him. "It's not your fault that this happened. No matter what you could have done, the fight would have still happened. I love you, ok? I wouldn't trade being with you for anything."

"What if I lose you next?!" He suddenly ripped out the IV from his arm. "I can't stay here. I can't. They'll take you from me- They'll-!"

"Izuku," she said gently. There was a little bit of blood coming from his arm. Kazuno stood up and grabbed a paper towel before saying anything more.

She settled back down beside him and softly pressed the paper towel against the bleeding area. "They aren't going to take me. I won't let anyone take me away from you."

He grabbed her wrist. She can feel his hand trembling against it, but he pulled her into his arms. He held her so tightly, he didn't have the nerve to let her go.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to prevent this." His voice cracked. He held her so preciously. "That's right. I won't let anyone take you from me. I won't."

He was mourning in his own way.

She returned the hug with a sigh. "Is this why you haven't went to sleep yet? Is it bothering you a lot? I wouldn't ever blame you for something like this."

"I know you considered them parents. They can be your parents. Why can't I have a quirk to bring them back? Why am I actually so powerless?" Having so many quirks didn't seem to matter anymore.

Even the toll that's been taking on his body was starting to scare him more and more. He saw how Kazuno broke down over everyone's deaths. He didn't want to do that to her either.

"I don't want you to take anymore quirks," she said. "Not if it hurts you like this. Even if it was possible to bring back the dead...I wouldn't want you to do that if it meant I would have to lose you."

"I won't. I won't anymore. I can't." He squeezed her more as his face planted into her shoulder. His tears was soaking the fabric of her clothes.

"I wish they didn't die..." he cursed a bit. "I wish they could be your parents truly. Even though I wasn't accepting of it. I am now. I am."