Aren't Clingy Girls Annoying?

Hours had past. Mikoto kept frantically looking outside the blinds of the window. It was already about 8:23 PM.

She couldn't help but feel extremely anxious since Kazuno left. Her freaking out was becoming more and more apparent as time passed.

"Higasa?" Tamaki walked up behind her. He knew that she was worried about her sister, but looking every few seconds wouldn't accomplish anything. "She'll be back soon, hopefully..."

"What if she got hurt? What if he killed her? I don't trust Midoriya! Not one bit!" She was panicking as she was on the edge.

(Do something. Stop being a coward. Ugh!)

"I should have went with her!" She paced around the room.

"No, you shouldn't have. I don't want you to get hurt," he said quietly.

But wasn't that it? Mikoto was always afraid of pain or getting hurt.

She was getting tired of Kazuno being so distant. She was her only family she really had.

A hero... No. A real hero would go help someone in danger. That's why Mikoto wanted to go to UA. To learn to be braver. To gain self-esteem where she practically has none.

"I'm going! That's it! Make funeral preparations! I'm gonna go help her!" She exclaimed as she started to head out. Her heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest with her trembling hands.

"Wait!" Tamaki grabbed her wrist. He immediately felt bad for doing so, but he had acted without thinking.

She froze and flinched a little bit. She wasn't expecting him to reach out to her. Nor have any physical contact with her. The boy who's usually so shy to do anything like that, went to grab her. "Amajiki, why-"

The door opened. They turned their attention to the one who came inside. It was Nejire, who had things gathered from errands Satoko had her go on. Her expression was unmoving as she stared at Mikoto and Tamaki.

Eyes wandered towards his hand on her wrist. Nejire was immediately painted with a green envy. Not saying a word, she walked inside to bring items to put down.

Her shoulder nearly hit Mikoto's on the way.

(Wh-what is going on?) Mikoto thought with her mind spinning.

"Hado, did you see her sister on the way here?" Tamaki turned his head to look at Nejire. His hand left her wrist. "What about Midoriya?"

"Oh? She escaped? I thought she wasn't supposed to leave? Did Midoriya decide to kill her for that?" Nejire didn't know what had occurred earlier, but it almost felt like she was pressing buttons at this point.

Satoko wasn't present in the room, otherwise, she would have stated something.

"No. No.. You see- That's not what happened." Mikoto stammered.

(But what if she was dead? Hurt even?)

Mikoto was so tired of not doing anything when it came to fighting. Internally, she was preparing to fight if she had to do so.

"You're trying to leave too? Oh, I get it, Amajiki! You're going kill her for trying to betray us!" Nejire laughed. "I'll watch you devour her like the others."

Mikoto felt like she was going to cry. Why was Nejire being so cruel?

(What have I done wrong to her? Yeah. I get it I can't leave, but saying awful things like that... Why?)

And she knew Tamaki wouldn't hurt her. But then there was that self-doubt crawling up.

Was he only being kind because she was a part of the league? Would everyone want to kill her for wanting to leave totally?