The Key

A sharp gasp escaped Mikoto's mouth as the door slowly creeped open. She couldn't control her choked sob.

(Is Midoriya back? Who is it?) Her palms started getting sweaty from the sheer panic she was feeling.

A boy with indigo hair and pointy ears entered the room. His eyes widened at the sight of her. He hadn't heard anything about there being a hostage.

He awkwardly stepped back as his hand went to the doorknob. "Sorry. I didn't know there was someone in here. I'll go."

He was certainly strange. Apologizing for barging in but not being concerned that she was tied up? It was like it was completely normal to him.

She found it odd he apologized being in her situation. She didn't know who this guy was, but she didn't want to miss a chance of getting out of there.

(He could have misunderstood and stumbled upon this room.)

"Pl-please," Her voice cracked as she begged. "Help me...! I haven't been able to move for hours!"

That made him even more visibly nervous. He felt torn on what to do. Strangely enough, he wanted to let her go. But he didn't know the circumstances of why she was there.

He didn't speak yet. His inner turmoil caused him to freeze up, his hand tightening on the doorknob.

The silence was tormenting her. It really was hopeless, wasn't it?

She wanted to go home, but for what? To be mocked and ridiculed? To a family who wouldn't care that she'd be missing?

He could hear her starting to cry softly. "...Forget it..."

It was very rare of her true emotions to shine out. Especially towards strangers. With her circumstance, it was understandable.

"It'd probably be better if I was killed anyway..." She kept going since he wasn't talking. "Maybe my family would get along better. My sister's better than me."

Hanging her head down, she felt the droplets hit her legs. "They don't care about me so what's the point?"

Tamaki started to fumble with his words. He still felt so torn. "Don't cry. I'll...try to do something, ok? I don't know if there's anything I can do. I'm not the best at talking to people. I'm not really the best at anything, but...I will try."

"It's fine. Don't worry about me." She wouldn't lift her head until she looked up at him. She wasn't aware that he's a villain, but was worried Izuku would be coming back soon. "You should go now before he comes back. The one who did this to me seems dangerous."

She put on a forced smile. "I don't want to trouble you. Just forget you saw me here."

Tamaki's head lowered slightly. He appeared to be ashamed. "Hold on..."

He left the room and closed the door once more. He took a deep breath. (Am I really about to do this?)

He could feel the anxiety in his stomach. He doubted that he actually had the courage to confront Izuku about what he saw. It was clear that he was the one who did it since he was the only other male member of the LoV. Well, besides the traitors at the school, that is.

Tamaki went to the main room. Nejire and Izuku were there already. "Hey..." He spoke up slowly. "Midoriya. Why did you kidnap that girl?"

Izuku spun around in a stool while sharpening a knife. He does this when he's agitated about something. His eyes narrowed coldly towards Tamaki.

"Amajiki... you'll keep a secret, won't you?" The way he asked him felt like a choice not to say no. The sound of the knife echoed the room as he stabbed into the table. "That girl has a twin sister. I've caught the wrong one."