It's My Choice

With a lot of convincing, Kazuno was allowed to start visiting whenever she wanted. Well, as long as it wasn't during school or during the night.

Katsuki would let her rant on and on about whatever books she was reading. She kept trying to convince him to read them too, but he wasn't all that interested. Nonetheless, she still told him updates everyday about what was going on in them.

He found out that her favorite types of books were mystery or books about animals. That led to another discussion. The topic of favorite animals.

They had simple conversations like that for most of the time they saw each other. They got to know each other more and more, and told the other about their day. Of course, Katsuki didn't really have any interesting stories to tell. He looked forward to hearing about Kazuno's days though.

Kazuno, of course, loved the visits too. It was when she got home that things became bad again.

The second she walked through the door, she would be hit with a nauseating wave of anxiety. It made her want to throw up right then and there.

The rules she made up for herself in her mind:

Don't show what you're really feeling.

Only cry when you're alone.

Take out your anger on yourself instead of them.

Become sneakier.

Walk more quietly.

Just play along.

Pretend to be someone you're not.

The real you isn't enough.

She isn't enough. She will never be enough. Not for them. She tried to be enough for years, but it still didn't stop their expectations. Continuous success. It was what they expected.

What if she couldn't do it? What if she just wasn't cut out for it?

Unacceptable. She had to try harder.

Her parents set things up so it would be harder for her to sneak away and try to find Mikoto. They even threatened to not let her see Katsuki again if she tried to find her sister. Kazuno hadn't told any of it to Katsuki.

There went her grades slipping again. She started failing a class for the first time in her entire life. It was a class she was typically really good at too.

She started pushing herself harder in training. She didn't want to let the depression get the best of her, but it felt like everything was slipping out of control. She kept hurting herself while training. It started out with a sprained ankle. Then it was a broken arm.

She was surely becoming more skilled and agile, but she was exhausted at the same time.

Her parents even went so far as to say that Mikoto was ruining their family by running away one time. It took everything in Kazuno not to snap. Her self-control was getting better too. She managed to hold her tongue and pretend to be indifferent.

Just as everyone predicted, she rose to be in the top of her class. No one could bring themselves to envy her though. They could all see that she was struggling behind the cool and collected persona she continued to put on.

In that timeframe, Katsuki was finally discharged. He saw Kazuno standing by in the waiting room as he bee lined over towards her.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked her, knowing what they were planning. They discussed it as soon as he would leave the hospital. There was no way he would let her leave on her own accord.