Sorry Doesn't Feel Good Enough

There was a café nearby that stayed open late at night. The two of them made their way there.

It was a pretty quiet, quaint place. Only opened late nights for a dim-light atmosphere.

Not usually busy either. It was perfect to stay secluded as they sat together. Drinking and having dumplings on the side.

It did uplift her mood a bit for a little first date.

"What would you call this? Us?" Satoko's lashes slowly batted along with her alluring smile.

"Well, we have both fallen for the other," Toya pointed out. "And this is our first date. So that means we're together."

His hand gentle cradled locks of her sunset hair. She bit her bottom lip as she looked up at him, "Who says I've fallen for you?"

"Your body language," he caved in closer to her. His voice was luring her in. She giggled slightly.

"Well, aren't you a charmer?" she teased.

"It's working, isn't it?" Toya placed his hand onto her cheek. "A change of atmosphere helping?"

"You need to ask me that?" Satoko moved her head so her lips would purposely brush against his hand. "The answer's quite obvious."

The two enjoyed each other's company as the spent the whole night out together.

..

Kazuno lie awake in bed.

She and Mikoto were sharing Satoko's room. They had planned on sleeping on the floor so Satoko would have the bed, but Satoko didn't seem to be getting back anytime soon.

Mikoto had fallen asleep, by some miracle. Kazuno wasn't so lucky. The only thing she could think about was Katsuki.

She brought the blanket up to her chin to comfort herself. She thought about when they did that sparring match together. His face had been so close to hers that she could feel him breathing. She wished that he was still breathing.

Tears came from her eyes again. She couldn't help it. She missed him so much.

She slowly got up from bed, being careful to not wake Mikoto. She walked past Izuku's room to go outside.

She opened the door up and stepped out underneath the starry sky. She lifted her face as her tears streamed down.

"Can you see me?" She asked aloud. "I hope that, wherever you are, you're happier now. Izuku was right, you know. I did love you. I wish I realized that and told you while you were still here."

She had spent quite some time outside weeping. Time had passed for her mourning before she felt a presence was behind her.

It was Izuku. He was silently watching her. Not sure what to do nor say. His mind was very hard to read right now.

She turned around. Once again, she couldn't bring herself to smile. "Why are you still awake? Aren't you tired from...using your quirk?"

"I couldn't sleep. Not when you're on my mind." He wouldn't look at her.

When he had stayed in his room prior, he couldn't get rid of the painful feeling. It worsened not being around her.

His arms were all cut up from the distress he was in. His nails kept digging and digging into his skin until it made cat-like scratches all over. His head had a bruise on it from banging it against the wall.

Guilt. That's what he was feeling.

Massive guilt.

Never had he batted an eye to everything before leading up to this point.

Perhaps it all dropped down like a massive ton of weight.

He stopped when he heard footsteps walking past his room. He could tell who those footsteps belong to.