There's No Peace

When Aizawa was younger, he had a group of friends that he spent a lot of time with. Hizashi Yamada, Oboro Shirakumo, and Nemuri Kayama. After Shirakumo's death, he became a bit more closed off and serious. Not that he wasn't that way before, but there was still a noticeable difference in his behavior.

Even though only one of his own friends died, he saw many people die from a young age. He decided that he didn't want any new heroes to come into the world. He wanted to keep other people from seeing the things that he saw.

He became a teacher with the intention of discouraging students to become heroes. He would train them harshly, expel them over small things, and say things to scare them. It typically worked, but when it didn't, he would take more drastic measures. Like 'accidentally' letting villains get in and attack the students. He typically didn't lose students, but when he did, he tried to justify it in his mind. He convinced himself that if they did die, it was merciful compared to the horrors of being a hero.

When he teamed up with All Might, he thought he had the same ideals. He was wrong. All Might had the intention of bringing harm to the one group of students that he couldn't bring himself to part with.

It was strange how he grew to care about them more than the others. They were all so special. In one way or another, they all had something about them that he wanted to protect. He wanted to see them thrive and live long lives. He really did feel like a father to them.

All he wanted anymore was to give them a chance to live. It had gone too far. He didn't want to lose them.

"I'll believe your word then." Katsuki knew what it's like when it comes to changing one's self. Kazuno helped him begin to open his eyes a little from his frozen heart.

If Aizawa was really bad in the past, so what?

He could even see that he was trying to risk his life for everyone.

He could even see Aizawa struggling to use his quirk against All Might. His movements didn't falter.

Something definitely was wrong.

(Why isn't it working?) Mikoto felt alarmed as she and others saw Aizawa trying to fight All Might.

Katsuki gritted his teeth as he recklessly tried to throw a punch into All Might. His large hand gripped onto Katsuki's face and slammed him into the crowd of other students.

The floor cracked beneath them from the earth shattering brawl.

Mikoto tried to shield herself and the others from harm's way by forming a constellation-like barrier. It was cracking around her when All Might's knuckles met against it. Mikoto let out a squeaky gasp.

(I'm gonna die. Yup. This is it. Girl who's sloppy quirk finally meets her end.)

No pain came to her though. Instead, someone else jumped in front of her before she could get hurt.

Aizawa.

Beads of sweat began collecting on his face as he tried to hold back All Might's attack. It was taking every ounce of strength to even do that much. He spoke to Mikoto. "I said that maybe I could be your dad. In order to do that, I have to be willing to protect you no matter what."

He felt his footing begin to slip. He gritted his teeth. "I hope this will make you able to forgive me for what I did in the past. But if it doesn't, then...I understand."

"I-" Mikoto looked extremely upset. Her grey orbs helplessly looked towards Shoto and Tamaki.

Help. Please.

(No. I need to stop relying on strong people.) She shook her head frantically. "No! You've done nothing wrong!"

Her hand swiped across to help lessen the weight against Aizawa by shooting out star bursts towards All Might.