Fault

It had been a week since Kazuno was absent from class. Katsuki never did find her sister as he looked everywhere he could. The next strange part was he would try texting her, but all the messages wouldn't be read.

(Why isn't she answering?) He felt extremely worried for her. He didn't notice Kirishima got to sit down in the desk in front of him in the chattering classroom.

Kirishima turned to the side in his chair so he could talk to Katsuki. He tapped his friend's desk to get his attention. "Hey, did you hear the rumors about students going missing?"

The gossip about that was circulating all around. None of the teachers nor parents would know what happened to the students. Heroes would find dead ends to the missing students. To this day, they're still being searched.

Katsuki gulped hard as his anxiety bothered him a bit more. What if something happened to Kazuno?

Was that why she's missing?

Kirishima noticed the shocked realization on Katsuki's face. He didn't even answer Kirishima as he was in his own world.

"Dude?" Kirishima tried to get him to snap out of it. He had never seen Katsuki so anxious before. He motioned towards Izuku's desk. "...It looks like Midoriya is missing too. I wonder what's going on with them."

With Izuku also missing, Katsuki had a terrible and awful feeling. He thought perhaps someday, he would properly apologize to Izuku. With his absence, he feared something happened to him as well.

"Tch." Katsuki gritted his teeth helplessly as his fists balled up. "Just stop talking about this. Just shut up..."

It only made him feel worse. All he could do was wait and see. The school had always been so secretive for students' privacies when they were absent. It was their own 'honor' system they had in mind.

...

When Mikoto had arrived home with Kazuno, their parents had ground them from using their phones. Mikoto's phone was broken anyway so she didn't have one. They didn't really believe their story at what happened. They both left out the part where Izuku had died in the process.

When Kazuno had left with everyone to tend to Mikoto's wound, she looked back at Izuku's corpse. Shoto and Tamaki introduced Kazuno to Nejire at the hideout. She was avoiding getting involved out of being scared. Once she heard of Izuku's death, she felt at ease to be more helpful. She did most of the treatment since the boys were too embarrassed to be in the same room.

With that, Mikoto and Kazuno was able to go home. At first, Mikoto wanted to stay there. Kazuno thought she was crazy and brought up how their parents would feel. With torn feelings, they had returned home.

Upon arriving back, Kazuno had a bit of mental trauma from it so her parents decided against going to school for a while.

Mikoto had to rest properly as they didn't bother taking her to a doctor or anything like that. That's great parenting with their neglect! When they saw she was able to walk around, while still healing, they decided for her to go back that way. It would be more beneficial since the school had a nurse, which didn't cover any extra expenses.

Mikoto got to school as Aizawa saw her injuries. He referred her into the nurse's office promptly. There, Recovery Girl helped heal her better. Walking out of the room, she saw Katsuki walking in her direction.

He stopped as his pupils fixated on her with wide eyes. All the dread he was feeling all week suddenly disappeared. The great sense of relief caused that he fought back tears. His feet moved without thinking as Mikoto felt surprised to feel his arms around her.