|| five

five || "what happens at home

five || "what happens at home..." season 6, episode 10

Tate rode into Oak Tree Hills in an SUV with Morgan and Prentiss up front and she and Reid in the back. They'd been ranting the entire way about misheard, but nonetheless famous lines in cinema. From Star Wars to Silence of the Lambs, they both had hard opinions. Morgan was entirely tired of them by the time they parked in front of the model home, but Emily just found it amusing.

"Silence of the Lambs is still one of the best serial killer movies out there, 'Hello, Clarice' or not," Tate argued.

"Fair enough, but let's admit that their FBI proceedings made no sense. They would never let an Academy recruit... Oh. Seaver, you're just like Clarice Starling!" Spencer realized.

Tate hit his chest, making him wince, and said to Ashley, "I apologize for him."

Seaver laughed and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "No need. Any comparison to Jodie Foster is an honor."

"Detective Ruiz?" Hotch questioned, effectively refocusing them as they approached a model home. "I'm Agent Hotchner."

Ruis shook Hotch's hand. "Call me Felix."

"And you spoke to Dr. Katz on the phone," Hotch said, introducing her.

Tate waved and stepped forward, shaking his hand. "I'm Tate. Good to finally meet you. Uh, behind me are Agents Morgan and Prentiss, Dr. Reid, Agent Rossi, and Agent Seaver."

"Thanks for coming," he said. "As you requested, Dr. Katz, we moved everything from the station right here into the model home."

"Thank you."

"Agent Prentiss and I would love to get a look around," Derek said. "Get a feel for the area."

"We'd like to see the latest crime scene, too, if that's possible," Emily added.

"Of course," Detective Ruiz obliged. "Let me just get everybody started and I'll walk you right over there."

"Oh, we can find it."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, it's no problem," Morgan agreed.

The two split off as the rest of them were led into the model home. Tate glanced around, seeing the flocking neighbors curiously watching the FBI agents arrive and wondered how it could be that no one saw their unsub.

"Here are the evidence boards. I didn't think the whole neighborhood needed to see the photos," Ruiz explained as he uncovered them.

"No, you're right. That's a lot of work, detective, thank you," Hotch said.

"Color coded and annotated," Rossi pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I'm not just the primary detective. I also live in the community," he said.