|| ten

ten || "valhalla" season 6, episode 17

"Two D.C. families' homes were torched on the same night. Last night," Garcia presented to the team minus Prentiss. It wasn't the first time in recent memory she'd been late, but it was the first time she'd actually missed part of Tate and Penelope's case introduction.

"I'm surprised it still hasn't hit the news. It's already midday," Morgan pointed out.

"I know, right? All anyone is talking about is this storm that may or may not hit," Tate said. "I mean, I'm happy with that for the time being so you all can focus on figuring this out. Oh, but Garcia did manage to find an online article about the fires."

"Yup. Written by this guy Jeff Hastings. No one's running with it yet," she added.

"How strange. They normally thrive on tragedy," Rossi remarked.

"I may agree, but that doesn't mean I didn't take offense to that," Tate said, narrowing her eyes at him playfully to which he raised his hands in surrender.

"Hold those horses, because it gets weirder," Penelope said.

"Ron and Lauren Cosenza and their ten-year-old son were found in the master bedroom of their home, each shot through the forehead," Tate continued. "The gun belonged to the father."

"Murder-suicide?" Seaver guessed.

"Well, the investigation looks like it's going that way, but it's still the first forty-eight. They want our help," Morgan explained.

"Kerry and Frank Fagan, like the Cosenzas, were found in their master bedroom from a suspected gas leak," Reid said.

"It had to be massive to cause that," Rossi said, turning to Tate. "How does the news miss a house explosion?"

"I have no idea. It feels weird, though, even considering present circumstances. In L.A, if there was a story like this taking place, I or any of my colleagues would've run with it, storm or not," Tate agreed.

"Any connection between the families?" Seaver questioned.

"Only one. A continent," Garcia picked back up. "Kerry Fagan was born in Germany, Ron Cosenza is from Italy."

"So, two of the five victims are from Europe. How does that help?" Morgan asked.

"It does not. Just stating the facts, and the facts happen to be-"

"Guys, I'm sorry I'm late," Emily interrupted as she made her way into the conference room and claimed the last open chair."

"You okay?" Tate asked.

"Yeah, it's just one of those weeks, I guess. I'm sorry. What did I miss? Arsonist?" she guessed, squinting at the pictures on the screen.

"One appears to be murder-suicide, the other a freak accident," Morgan filled in.