|| thirty-three

thirty-three || "run" season 7, episode 24

JJ and Derek were still outside when the blast went off. They were the first to get up from the cold cement, their ears still ringing as they looked around aimlessly. "Where's Will? Did he get out of there?" JJ asked immediately.

Derek was worried about his family, too, as he noticed two others missing. "Where are Emily and Tate?"

He didn't get his answer as JJ ran into the rubble, Derek close behind her. "Emily! Tate!" they heard Derek yelling.

"Over here," Prentiss called back.

Emily and Tate were hunched down by an older couple who were hiding in the back. Tate was leaned up against the wall, her ears ringing and her head pounding, though she assured Derek and JJ that she was alright. Emily tried suggesting a way to get the couple out of there, but the woman told them, "Just let me stay with him." As JJ and Derek continued their search for Will, she continued, "He's my love of sixty-six years... My story."

Tate closed her eyes for a moment then pushed off the ground. "I have to go... I have to call Spencer. He'll be-"

"Tate, you go. I'm fine here," Emily assured her.

Tate stumbled out of the building and towards Rossi as he approached Hotch just outside the building. "You okay, kid?" Rossi asked as he held her up.

"I need to talk to Spence," she said.

"We can do that," Rossi said before turning to Hotch. "You need anything?"

"Will you keep the media busy?" Hotch questioned.

"I can do that," Tate said groggily.

"No," both men said in unison.

"Is that all?" Rossi continued as if Tate hadn't spoken.

"For now."

"Do me a favor, have that ear looked at," Rossi told him, pointing where he saw blood. "And take this one with you." Tate was passed off to Hotch as the two continued towards the awaiting ambulances.

Tate was able to continue with Hotch and the team once a few of her minor head wounds were bandaged. Spencer pulled up in an FBI vehicle and immediately searched the crowd for her. She opened her arms when she saw him running up to her. He buried his head in her neck and whispered. "You're okay?"

"I am perfectly okay," she replied.

"Are you sure? Because last time you told me that, you had a black eye, broken wrist, and a concussion."

"That concussion thing may still have some merit, but it's nothing I can't handle."

"I know... You're amazing."

Tate smiled smally. "You, too. Now, let's do our jobs, yeah?" Spencer went off to rejoin the team and, before Tate followed him, she pulled out her phone and sent a very simple text. "I'm okay."