|| twenty-six

twenty-six || "a family affair" season 7, episode 16[disclaimer: there is a sex scene later in this chapter so please, if you are under the age of sixteen or are uncomfortable, feel free to either read the part of this chapter at the beginning her...

[disclaimer: there is a sex scene later in this chapter so please, if you are under the age of sixteen or are uncomfortable, feel free to either read the part of this chapter at the beginning here (which is pretty cute) or keep going to the next one because there are no insane plot things in here]

After their case's conclusion, Tate and Emily came back from the coffee station to their seats across from JJ and Reid, seeing the bad news from the look on the former's face. "Still no sitter?" Emily guessed.

"My sitter is not available. Apparently, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a sitter on a Saturday night," JJ complained.

"What's going on tonight?" Reid asked from beside the blonde.

Tate laughed lightly. "It was ladies night, per Garcia's request, but..."

"I forgot to book a sitter," JJ filled in.

Spencer perked up. "I'll do it." Emily scoffed and JJ looked unsure, but Tate was already sold on the idea. Not that his reasoning was very compelling. "What? I've seen an episode of 'Mr. Belvedere.'"

Now, JJ actually laughed. "What? You've never babysat by yourself before?"

Tate shook her head. "I mean, Henry already loves him. He could do a couple of hours."

"What could possibly go wrong?" Spencer said.

<3

The next morning, the team reconvened at the finish line of the FBI triathlon Hotch had been training for for the past few months. Jack was up on Morgan's shoulders and all the boys were happily cheering while the girls leaned on the divider for support, eyes covered by sunglasses as they held their throbbing heads.

Tate leaned back on Spencer's chest as he ranted. "Couple hours. Couple hours! You guys didn't come home until sunrise."

"Why are you yelling?" Tate complained quietly, blindly covering his mouth with her hand.

"Make him stop," Emily said.

Derek looked up at the boy on his shoulder. "Okay, Jack, earmuffs for a minute. Earmuffs," he encouraged before turning to his friends. "What did you guys drink last night?"

"The green fairy," Garcia replied. "You're in the FBI. Could you get the entire crowd to stop cheering?"

Spencer looked down at his watch. "By my estimate, Hotch will be finishing any minute."

"Do you see him, Uncle Dave?" Jack asked.

"I think I do, kiddo," Rossi said, pointing to the onslaught of runners. "Right there! There he is!"

Tate grabbed the flag in Spencer's hand and waved it, trying to muster up her enthusiasm while her boyfriend cheered loudly and pumped his fist. Hotch's smile had a hint of embarrassment as he passed his rowdy team by. They all came around the side of the finish line to find Hotch, Jack immediately running up to him once he was down from Morgan's shoulders.