|| fifty-one

fifty-one || "the black queen" season 9, episode 12

"So, let's talk about sexual harassment," the woman standing at the front of the room began as she looked out over the sea of FBI agents.

Spencer was currently pushing through the small crowd, a few minutes late as he sat down beside Tate with coffee for her and tea for himself. "Knight in shining armor," she said excitedly as she accepted the paper cup.

"Sexual harassment isn't always a quid pro quo arrangement," the woman continued. "Maybe it's a conversation between two coworkers that makes you feel uncomfortable. Maybe these coworkers use phrases like-" A screen behind the woman displayed each of the phrases as she said them. "'Baby girl'. 'Chocolate thunder'. Or, 'Where's my big, black twelve-pack?"

Tate choked on her coffee as she laughed and Spencer had to hit her back for her to regain her composure. "Holy shit," she murmured through quiet laughter, making Spencer share her resigned smile.

"And that creates a what? A hostile work environment." The woman looked directly at Garcia as she said this. "So messages like 'more cushion for the pushing.' Not appropriate."

"Hey, that one was for me!" Tate said quietly, a few surrounding agents laughing.

"'I'll be the Coco to your Ice-T.' Not appropriate," she continued with a glare at Tate. "'Flarpy blunderguff'? I don't even know what that means, but not appropriate." Penelope stood to go meet Hotch according to a text he sent, but the woman was not having it. "Ms. Garcia, you really have to stay for this."

Penelope apologized profusely as she excused herself. "No need to apologize, hot stuff!" Tate called after her, earning even more laughs from the crowd and a slap to the arm from Spencer.

The woman didn't bat an eye. She pointed between Tate and Garcia, repeating, "Not appropriate."

<3

|| "the road house" season 9, episode 13

Another case had concluded and the team returned to Quantico to pick up their personal items before going home for some much-needed shut eye. JJ and Spencer were walking out of the bullpen together when he asked, "You have any plans tonight?"

"Uh, does sleep count as a plan?" she said as she pushed the button for the elevator.

"I'm going to a Korean Film Festival downtown. You can come with me if you want," he offered.

JJ smiled as she saw Tate coming down the hall towards the elevators from her own office. Her brows were furrowed as she stared down at her phone, firing off one last text message for the night. "I should get home, but maybe there's someone else who'd like to go with you?"

Spencer looked confused for a moment before following JJ's eyes over his shoulder. "No... No, I shouldn't. What if... What if she says no?"

"She won't. Tate loves seeing you nerd out about your niche little interests. Invite her," JJ encouraged quietly.