038

(name)'s POV

Sitting silently on the passengers seat, fidgeting my fingers as I bit my lower lip. Where is he bringing me? We've been in the car for 20 minutes...

"Kazu where are you bringing me?" I asked as I made plop noises with my lips.

"4 for minutes! We're almost there, don't worry!" Kazu assured me and kept on driving.

A few minutes had passed and the car stopped, perking me up from my seat. I couldn't see anything, but I heard the car door open and shut afterwards. "Kazu? Kazu where are you? Did you just leave me alone? Can I take off my blindfolds now? Kazu! Where are you?!" Swinging my arms around in the car trying to find Kazu, "I'm over here, idiot" A hand pulled me out of the vehicle, startling me. "Can I take my blindfolds off now?" , "Nope, not yet!"

Kazu grabbed my hand dragging me somewhere. I gotta admit, I was nervous. He leaded me up some stairs reassuring me every 30 seconds that 'we're almost at the top'. Top of what? Questions popping up in my mind as I tried guessing what the surprise might be. Is he bringing me to a party? No, it's too quiet to be a party. We kept on walking up the stairs when suddenly Kazu stopped causing me to bump into him.

"We're here" He said in a low voice, creeping up behind me and took off my blindfolds. I opened my eyes to see... A door? It was pretty dark so I couldn't actually make out what was in front of me. "What's that?" I asked, pointing at the 'door' slightly tilting my head to the side. A giggle left his lips as he slowly pushed the door opened to the other side.

My eyes widened as I walked out the door and was greeted by a cold breeze passing me. I remember this place. Memories coming back to me as I eyed my surroundings.

"Do you remember this place? It was our favorite spot to hangout when we were kids, the abandoned building.." Kazu approached me and placed his jacket on top of my shoulders telling me to put it on.

"Of course I remember it... We made a lot of memories here, like that one time when you tried to look cool in front of me and stood at the very edge of the roof and almost fell to your death" I bursted out laughing as all the memories came flying back to me.

"I wasn't trying to look cool! I just.. Wanted to see the view of the ground from the top!" He defended himself but began laughing along with me.

The laughter slowly died down, as the two of us faced to the direction of the city, admiring the beautiful city lights glowing in the dark as the cold air blew our way. "It's beautiful..." I muttered as a smile crept on my face.

"(name)" Kazu called my name getting my attention, turning my head to him.

"Hm?"

"I'm... really glad you stayed by my side until now."

"Of course! That was my promise to you after-all!"

"That's why I want to be with you..." Kazu said in a low voice, making me unable to hear what he said. "Kazu? Can you repeat that—" Suddenly in a swift motion, he grabbed both my shoulders turning me around to look at him. "Kaz—"

"That's why I want to be with you! That's why I want to spend the rest of my life with you, every hour, every minute, and every second! I want to wake up with you beside me every morning, I want to see you smile, hear your laughs, your voice, I'll cherish it all! I want to be the one you rely on most! And—!... I want you to be in my future..."

My eyes widened as tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably upon hearing his confession. My mouth glued shut preventing me from saying anything.

His sandy-colored eyes glowing from the city lights in front of us, staring back at me, his hair that was in a bun earlier now waving along with the air, and his composed facial expression now replaced with a slight shy expression.

He slowly lifted up one hand from my shoulder towards my face, caressing my cheek, using his thumb to wipe the tears away but it just kept on coming.

"I love you (name). I've always loved you. You're the only one that has stayed by my side from the beginning, even after all the wrong things I've done in the past. You never left. You kept your promise and stayed, you don't understand how much that means to me."

He slightly bent his back lowering down a bit to my level, leaning his face towards mine just an inch away.

"May I?"

Kazu asked for your consent. Nodding your head, you slowly closed your eyes, a bit nervous since this was gonna be your first kiss.

His hand slid down from your shoulder to your waist gently holding it as he pulled you closer to him making your heart pound against your chest.

His soft lips planted on yours. Butterflies swarming around in your stomach as the only thing you could focus on right now were Kazutora's lips on yours. So focused on this, that you didn't even notice raindrops falling down from the sky. The two of you stayed in that position for a minute before breaking the kiss. Blush spreading all over your face as you looked up at him, his sandy eyes now filled with love. A wide grin forming on his lips as he wrapped his arms around your body, hugging you tightly and letting out giggles as he couldn't contain his happiness.

"Kazu, I love you too" I lowly said, nuzzling my face into his chest as I returned the hug.

"I'm really happy that I can now call you my girlfriend.." His words making a smile appear across my face as I looked up giving him a big smile.

A raindrop fell down landing on my forehead, "Huh? A raindrop?—" Out of nowhere, rain poured down getting both me and Kazu completely soaked within 20 seconds.

"I guess the rain is congratulating us!" Kazu happily said, picking me up from the ground in a bridal style, giggling and smiling as he ran down the stairs with me still in his arms, ready to return us home.

——————
I didn't use the "Will you be my girlfriend?" thingy bc idk it felt weird when I wrote it into the story🤨 so I just removed it