Chapter 10

The next time Lydia Gilbert woke up she felt very ill. She felt like she was sick like she could throw up any minute, fever, headache type sick. It's Lydia she never gets sick so why now? But then she remembered about Damon. He must be dying as well.

"There what?" She could hear Stefan ask in Elena's room as she was coughing violently and shaking.

"Elena," she mumbled hoping Stefan would hear.

"She's awake," she could hear Stefan say before footsteps were heard and a door opened.

"Lydia you.... You don't look so good," Stefan says as Elena frowns.

"I-I know you guys don't care but.... Damon is-"

"Gone. He's gone Lydia and he's not coming back, just forget about him,"

"Stefan he's in trouble, he's my mate," she groaned as her headache worsened. "He needs my blood to survive we're blood linked too,"

"Elena only told me about the mates part, I've heard of a blood link before. Your seriously his mate and blood link? You know your gonna have to become a vampire one day right?"

"I-I know. I'd like to live forever with Damon though. Please Stefan let us be together your killing the both of us,"

"No! You can't let him out Stefan please, remember what he did. He's nothing but a monster,"

"But he's also killing your sister too,"

"It doesn't matter nobody around here likes her anyways. Damon compelled me to care I knew there was something wrong with me. Always wanting to protect Lydia she's nothing but a pest who got our parents killed,"

"Don't you think that's a bit too much?"

"What? It's true Stef. If she wasn't bleeding out that day our parents could still be here,"

"Stefan please. Please take me to Damon," I groaned fever getting worse.

He sighed coming over to me as he felt my head.

"Lydia..... your burning up. I mean really burning up," he says causing Elena to furrow her eyebrows.

"Wait she's really sick and not just pretending?"

"Lydia," Lydia heard Damon weakly call before coughing violently causing Lydia to do the same. "Lydia I need your please. D-Don't die fight this,"

"I'm trying Damon," Lydia says out loud causing Stefan to raise his eyebrows.

"Who were you talking to?"

"D-Damon. I hear Damon. Please just take me to him Stef," Lydia weakly says looking Stefan in the eyes.

Stefan sighed as he began walking towards her again and bending down.

"Get on,"

"What are you doing?" Elena snapped as I weakly climbed on his back.

"I can't just let her die due to Damon Elena, I'm not like you," he says before vamp speeding out the house.

Stefan was at the boarding house a second later and dropped Lydia by the cellar Damon was kept in and opened it. 

"Get our Damon," Stefan says just as Damon saw a body on the ground by his feet.

"L-Lydia?"

"She kinda passed out on the way over here. She's barley breathing, can you fix her?"

"Y-yes bring her here too me,"

"But I'm letting you out Damon,"

"I need to heal her first Stefan. Please," he begs causing Stefan to sigh as he dragged Lydia's unconscious body in the cellar.

Once she was close enough, Damon placed her head on his lap and began stroking her cheek lovingly and had a worried look in his eyes as she was sweating and burning up.

"Lydia, I need you to open your eyes. It's me Damon, I'm still alive. I'm okay,"

Almost on command Lydia did end up opening her eyes to meet with crystal blue eyes who lightly smiled.

"Hey," he says relief flooding his eyes.

"H-Hey Damon, I feel like shit," Lydia says in a raspy voice causing Damon to laugh.

"I do too. Let me heal you," he says about to bite into his wrist.

"No! Damon you need to feed. Please from me first,"

"Lydia I will once I know that your better. Just trust me okay? Do you trust me?"

"To an extent," she replies with a little smile as Damon smiled as well.

"Well that's a start," he says before bitting his wrist.

Damon put his wrist to her mouth as she began drinking his blood greedily to be exact. It was like she craved it, it was like she needed it, and it was like she wanted it. She felt her fever almost dispatching immediately the more she drank. She felt better, more stronger than ever as she released Damon's wrist her mouth covered in his blood.

"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me," Lydia was quick to apologize her voice no longer raspy.

"It's fine it's the blood link side. Your going to crave for it," he responds putting some hair behind her ear.

"Please drink, I feel fine now Damon," she says as Damon was staring at her neck.

"Dont need to say it twice," he says sinking his fangs into her neck as she moaned as pleasure began to over take her as Stefan watched the two in disgust.