Chapter 3

"Do you need to be invited in?" Lydia asked Damon who was still outside sitting on a tree to be precise.

"Mhnmm," he says as Lydia took a step back from the window.

"You can come in," she says as Damon smirked and was in front of her within a second.

She gasped as Damon threw her down on the bed with him hovering over her kissing down her neck.

"Damon..... haven't you fed enough from me today?" Lydia asked as he snuggled his face into her neck inhaling it.

"Need more," he says as Lydia grunted when he pierced his fangs into her neck, but stopped as he saw something on her cheek.

"What's wrong? You never stop until I'm halfway dead," Lydia says as an angry look crossed Damon's features.

"Which one of them then hurt you?" He growls seeing the growing bruise on her cheek from when Jenna slapped her.

Realizing what he met, Lydia quickly covered her cheek.

"I-I- it's okay Damon. Don't worry about it,"

"It's not okay. Somebody hurt you and I want to know who, was it Elena?"

"What? No not her Damon drop it please,"

"Look I feel protective of you weather you like it or not and I don't want anybody hurting you so you got two options. Either tell me who did this or I'll compel it out of you,"

Not wanting to be compelled Lydia sighed before looking Damon straight in the eyes.

"Aunt Jenna,"

A flash of anger ran through him. Nobody hurts his Lydia and gets away with it.

"I'll be right back,"

"Damon no. Just drop it you've only met me a week ago why are you acting like you care?"

"If I didn't care about you you'd be long dead and out of my life right now,"

"But I'm not," Lydia pointed out causing Damon to roll his eyes.

"That's the whole point,"

"Just don't hurt her........ please Damon. Let it go,"

He sighed looking over at the girl he cared for. He doesn't know why, he doesn't know why he doesn't want any other humans blood but hers, or why his thoughts were consumed by her. Damon came to Mystic Falls to free Katherine from the tomb, yet lately he found himself forgetting about his true agenda as it was now just about Lydia. Lydia Gilbert to be precise.

"Fine," Damon says sitting back down on the bed with her.

He bit into his wrist and held it up to her mouth.

"Drink, so it would at least heal," Damon says as Lydia opened her mouth and drank from his wrist.

Once finished they both laid down on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

"I never asked the question Damon," Lydia began breaking the comfortable silence.

He sighed annoyed as he looked over at her.

"What is it this time?"

"How does one become like you? A vampire?"

"Well it's nothing like the twilight series if that's what your going by. One has to drink blood from another vampire and kill them. Then when you come back you have 24hrs to drink blood from a human or you'll die permanently,"

"And I just drank yours......" Lydia says putting the pieces together. "I've been drinking yours for the past week,"

"You'll be fine once my blood leaves your system. Make sure you don't get killed until then,"

"Why don't you kill me Damon? Out of curiosity,"

"Because then I'll lose the best blood I've ever had. And your not that bad either. I can actually tolerate your company,"

Lydia giggled at his comment before the door began opening and when Lydia looked Damon was gone. Elena came in scanning the room before her eyes landed on her sisters.

"Who were you talking to? I heard voices in here,"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because you ran off," Elena snapped. "And whoever was in here could have made you run off again!"

"I didn't run off if you'd just listen to me! But your so damn stubborn to listen to anyone but yourself. You don't give a damn about me so why continue acting like you do?"

"Because your my sister and I'm forced to! I'm forced to look after you and when you never came home we had to do something about it,"

"A WEEK LATER! I COULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN! HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME AND YOU WOULDNT HAVE KNOWN! IM JUST THE PATHETIC GIRL WHO GOT HER PARENTS KILLED SO IN RETURN SHE GETS SHUNED OUT! Nobody is asking me if I'm okay, nobody is asking me if I'm still intact because all you guys care about is yourselves,"

"God do you ever shut up?" Elena asked her eyes hardening. "It's pretty clear nobody wants you around here Lydia. I care more for Jeremy than I ever did for you which is why I didn't make Jenna call out an Amber alert until a week later. I figure you were either dead or gone far away to where we'd never have to hear from you or see you ever again, I was really waiting for a body to show up and be yours," Elena spat as a tear ran down her cheek.

"Hey," Damon says suddenly causing Lydia to gasp as she turned to see him come through her window.

Damon sped over to Elena and grabbed her by the neck causing her eyes to widen in fear.

"Show your sister some fucking respect you stupid brat, and forget I was here," Damon compelled as Elena blinked and Damon was gone.