Chapter 38

When Lydia Gilbert's eyes fluttered open she was meant with Damon's baby blue eyes staring at her.

"Good morning sunshine you've been out since yesterday, how do you feel?" He asked causing Lydia to sit up and stretch.

"I feel fantastic such a good sleep I had. I needed that oh God Damon are you hungry?"

He shrugged.

"It can wait,"

"No here please feed from me," she says offering him her neck.

"Lydia-"

"Not taking no for an answer Salvatore," she says as Damon sighed as he licked his lips.

The pulse in her neck getting stronger the closer he got to it. He started out slowing kissing her neck causing her to roll her head back into his shoulder and moaned as she fluttered her eyes closed.

A few minutes later a sharp pain came to her neck as she could hear Damon gulping up her blood holding onto her tighter.

Once he had enough he released her and bit into his wrist. Once she was full of his blood she felt not so light headed anymore.

"When I become a vampire what'll happen with you?" She asked curious to the answer.

"Nothing changes. You'll just be blood sharing with me and blood share is very personal,"

"Will you get to feed off of other people once I change?"

"Hold on, why are we talking about you changing Lydia? You don't want to be like me,"

"But I want to live forever with you, I don't want a world without Damon Salvatore,"

"Lydia what's special about us is that once you die, I die as well. It's a bind contract from the universe. One has to be with the other for eternity even in death," he recites while cupping her cheeks with his palms.

"So what are you trying to say?"

"You don't need to turn if you don't need to. I'll follow you anywhere and everywhere,"

"But I'll become old and gray and you wouldn't want me anymore,"

He chuckled.

"Is that what your worried about? You being old and gray?"

"I'll look ugly. I rather stay young forever Damon like you,"

"But then you'll be like Stefan going to the same high school over and over again,"

"Okay fine. On my 25th birthday I'll turn and you can't say no to it either,"

"But you'll be older than me,"

She smirked in victory.

"Exactly my point youngling," she smirked as Damon tackled her to the bed causing her to squeal.

Damon began tickling her as she began laughing uncontrollably.

"D-D-Damon stop!" She screamed in between laughs.

"Say I'm not a youngling and I'll stop," he says as Lydia had tears in her eyes at this point.

"OKAY! OKAY! I YEILD! YOUR OLD!" She screamed as Damon smirked and stopped tickling her.

She took a deep breath as there noses were touching now Damon's eyes slowly moving it's way to her lips.

"Kiss me stupid," she says causing him to smile as he leaned in and kissed her lovingly on the lips.

Lydia melted into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around Damon's neck.

"Let's take a personal day. You and me," he whispers against her lips.

"What did you have in mind?" She asked as he pretended to think about it.

"How are you with heights?" He asked as a devious smile came on his face.

Stefan Salvatore was at school and looked at the empty desk in the back. Lydia has been out for awhile and at this point he's starting to get worried over her.

But at the same time he did promise Damon to stay away from her, he just doesn't know if he can do it. Lydia means a lot to him even if she means little to him.

She chose Damon and it didn't last very long the feud over her. Yeah he was hurt but it's to be expected a mate bond is much stronger than a claim mark.

"Your doing it again," he heard the voice of Elena say.

"Doing what?"

"Thinking. Is it Lydia? How is she by the way?"

"You care?"

"Look Stefan..... I know I'm a bit heartless to her but not 100% heartless, didn't I save her from that guy anyways?"

"Yeah about that what we're you thinking exactly?"

"I was thinking about saving my sister. You two told me no so I went with my gut and went anyways. I knew the risks Stefan and to be fair I stayed in the trunk until the time was right to come out. Believe it or not but I'd like to make amends with my sister. I don't want to be mean to her anymore,"

"Are you being for real or are you just compelled?"

"I'm being for real Stef. I really want to work on my relationship with my sister. Besides, it's not her fault the accident happened I just wanted someone to blame when I was there as well,"

"Damon and I kinda mended our relationship. I think you and Lydia can as well. You just have to show her you genuinely care,"

"Yeah..... I guess I do," she says before sitting back down returning her attention back to the class.