Chapter 20

Music was blasting around the Salvatore boarding house as giggling and laughing was all you can hear and honestly Stefan cannot stand it. Was he happy for his brother? Of course but there something about Lydia that he wanted. Something about her that he liked. He could hear heavy footsteps as both of them were dancing together and that's when Stefan had enough. He sighed leaving his room as he pounded on the door.

"QUITE DOWN IM TRYING TO SLEEP!"

"WERE VAMPIRES STEF! WE DONT NEED IT!"

"BUT I DO!" He shouted back causing Damon to open the door with a irritated look.

He saw that Lydia was holding onto him with a bottle of bourbon in her hand.

"Damon your getting her drunk?" Stefan asked wide eyed as he turned the music off.

"Awww Damon we're having fun," Lydia complained while giggling at the same time.

"It's called having fun Stefan it's something that you lack in,"

"I know how to have fun but getting her drunk isn't the way, and honestly Damon I think it's best if Lydia goes back home to her family,"

This made Lydia herself let go of Damon as she was in front of Stefan giving him a pouting look as he couldn't help but find it kinda cute.

"Why do you want me to go Stef? I'm much happier here. You don't like me?" She says with tears pooling around her eyes.

Stefan sighed as his brother watched him intensely a protective instinct coming in from him. He didn't like the way he was looking at her or how he placed his arms on both of her shoulders.

"It's not that I don't like you Lydia, Damon is just being a bad influence on you,"

"No he's not he's taking good care of me. I'm staying and I don't want to leave Damon," she finally says stomping away from him as he sighed and Damon was staring at Stefan with a frown on his face as Lydia laid on his bed.

Damon chuckled.

"You heard her brother now I think it's time for you to leave," he says causing Stefan to stare at Lydia for a few moments as he turned to see that she was asleep in his bed.

"Actually brother let me talk to you," Damon quickly changes his mind as he closed the door behind him.

"What?" Stefan asked crossed arms.

Damon laughed.

"What? That's all you have to say is what? Dude what the hell?!"

"I don't know what your talking about," he says causing Damon to get even more angry.

"The way you speak to her, stare at her and even touch her says it all little brother," he growls feeling territorial over Lydia.

This time Stefan laughed but it was more out of nervousness than an actual laugh though.

"Damon please. You really think I want Lydia?" He asked knowing deep down he did.

"I don't know brother do you? After all your dating Kathrine 2.0 remember? Lydia is mine and is something you can't have. It's not my fault your girlfriend lacks being romantic,"

"My girlfriend is just fine in the romantic area. I don't have feelings for Lydia, Damon," Stefan sternly says staring at him as his brother stared back at him.

"Good than I want you to stay away from her. She's mine," he growls before leaving as he closed the door to his room.

Stefan let out a sigh of relief. He knows that it's wrong for feelings to develop especially since he's with Elena, but he can't help it. The love that those two have is something that he craves for in his own life. Sure Elena is decent at it, but she's not like Lydia who is kind, gentle, understanding.

Stefan wouldn't hesitate to save Lydia if anything should happen to her. He wouldn't hesitate to make her happy. Stefan couldn't believe he was pulling a Damon. He knows she belongs to Damon, he knows that the cosmos wrote Lydia for Damon and vice versa, but Stefan also wants her too. Even though it's wrong he's going to try. He's going to try and woo her heart to make her his.

Stefan could always compel her, but being naturally sired to Damon he doesn't think it'll work. Because she'll always want to go back to Damon. Maybe he should just leave them alone and be happy with one another. He's happy that Damon found his mate but couldn't help the feelings for her grow and she's not even related to Kathrine in any kind of way.

"I want her," Stefan whispers looking at the closed door of Damon's room. "And I'm going to get her," he finished before slamming the door to his own room.

A/N: by far my favorite chapter I wrote! And idk what I'm writing half the time lol I write what I see in my head. I don't even think I see images and conversations and just write it down. That's how I write my stories :)