Chapter 56

"I'm worried Damon," Lydia said as the trio was walking into the Salvatore Boarding house.

"About what? I'm right here Lydia,"

"About Klaus, maybe we shouldn't be away from him for so long I mean he will come for me right?" Lydia asked looking up at him causing him to frown.

Once they reached inside they were greeted by Stefan and Elena who was inside the house.

"DAMON WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"Non of your concern," he replied before going upstairs.

"What's wrong with Lydia?"

"And why is Bonnie with you?" Elena asked with a glare.

"Shut up," Damon said with an eye roll before disappearing up the stairs.

"Damon.... I'm really worried about-"

"Don't say his name were gonna fix this," he said pacing around the room as Bonnie was frantically looking through her book.

"Ah! I got it! In order to fully break a love spell once must turn the third party into ashes,"

"Into ashes? Like set Klaus on fire? Bonnie there has to be another way,"

"Looking again,"

"Search for mate bond in that thing,"

"Okay here we go, in order to restore what was lost from a mate bond one must first drink the blood of another and seal the bond with true loves kiss, however if said mate bond affected by the love spell is not in love with the original mate, it will not work and each party including the third party will....." Bonnie stops mid sentence looking up at Damon.

"Will what? Don't leave me in suspense," he said with an eye roll.

"Die,"

"I'm sorry what?"

"I'd like to know as well," Stefan said from the doorway. "What the hell is going on here?"

"You haven't been here in like forever so why would you care?"

"I care about Lydia and definitely something is wrong I can see a color change in her eyes,"

"We're working on it,"

"Damon," Stefan said in a sincere voice.

"Fine, Ivan kidnapped Lydia, brought her to Klaus, Klaus wanted Lydia to be his and attempted to severe our bond, it semi worked because well her eyes are still pink, and to cut it short we're finding a way to break that said spell,"

"Which there are two different ways," Bonnie says.

"And honestly the second way is a lot more riskier, if our kiss doesn't work we all die to summarize it and by all I mean including Klaus since he was the one who originally tried to sever our bond," 

"Okay what's the first one?"

"To burn Klaus into ashes but I don't think that'll be happening,"

"Well Lydia loves you and you love her, the second one should work,"

"Dude she's placed under a love spell by Klaus witch, good chance it might not work,"

"What percentage?"

"Let's do it," Lydia spoke up standing up from the bed.

Her eyes held very little pink in them as she looked at Damon with determination.

"I rather go back to thinking about my boyfriend instead of thinking about Klaus right now,"

"I rather have you think about me too, good let's do it,"

"Alright we're gonna need several candles in order for this to take place,"

"In order for what to take place? What's going on? I feel like I'm in the dark," Elena announced at the door.

"As you should be, it doesn't concern you one bit,"

"Damon," Stefan hissed eyeing his brother for being a jerk.

"We'll explain it later Elena, we got work to do I'll get the candles," Stefan said before vamp speeding away.

"Why are you here Elena?" Lydia asked with a frown.

"What I can't worry about you? Haven't been going to school lately or answering your phone.... What's in your eyes?"

"Since when do you care?" She asked defensively.

"I think you should go we have very important business to attend to," Damon said before pushing her out the door just as Stefan came back and closed it with all the candles in.

Once the candles were lit and into the room Damon and Lydia were on the bed together.

"Are you ready?" Damon asked causing Lydia to nod as he noticed the dull pink in her eyes glowing a bit.

"Hey, hey Lydia look focus on me, your eyes are glowing,"

"Are they?" She asks with a frown on her face. "Sorry Klaus is just really been on my mind it's almost like I can hear him calling out to me,"

"Don't listen to him okay.... Focus on me, if we do this and your not 100% in love with me because of the spell we both could die,"

"I don't want to be without you Damon," Lydia says looking into his eyes.

"I know and Lord knows I can't live without you either..... Let's get started," he said before bitting into his wrist.