Chapter 45

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" An angry Stefan asked as soon as the two pulled up and walked inside.

"Do you really want to know?" Damon asked with a smirk on his face.

"Guess what Stefan, your very own Lydia Gilbert is a Hybrid!" Lydia announced with a smile on her face.

"First of its kind too. Oh man she even more powerful than before!"

"I can take down any vampire with just a scream,"

"That she can," Damon laughed as Lydia began laughing too.

Damon kissed her on the cheek.

"I gotta call Bonnie about making you a daylight ring when morning hits your gonna have to be stuck inside all day,"

"So I'll have to miss school?"

"School? Lydia darling, you are not ready for school. Your a newly turned Vampire, being around humans is not a good thing right now trust me. Besides that means spending the day together," he says causing Lydia to giggle.

Damon smiled before vamp speeding upstairs. Once he was in his room he closed the door and leaned against it with a happy smile on his face.

Damon Salvatore has never felt love before compared to the love he had for Lydia. Sure Kathrine was there one point in time but it's not the same with Lydia. It was real. If he hadn't of found her that night he don't know where he'd be right at this moment. Damon found himself as one lucky man to be with someone like Lydia Gilbert.

"Damon do you know what time it is?" A sleepy Bonnie asked as Damon sat on his bed now.

"Yeah listen..... Bonnie sweetie I need a favor,"

"And why should I help you?" She snapped.

"Because if involves someone we both care about..... it's Lydia she's kinda a vampire now-"

"A WHAT?!" Bonnie exclaimed shock on her face as she was wide awake now.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" She shouted causing Damon to pull the phone away from his ear.

"I didn't do anything! Okay a vampire broke into our house, attacked the shit out of me and killed Lydia! I feed her some blood before she died and I ended up dying too! Anyways Lydia is now a hybrid first of its kind,"

"A hybrid?"

"Yeah part Vampire part Banshee. And I need to take her out tomorrow but she can't leave because of the sun,"

"Well if she's a hybrid how do you know the sun will burn her?"

"I don't..... but I don't want to risk that chance. Lydia and I are connected Bonnie. And that means if she burns I do too. Can you please make her a daylight ring for me?"

"Damon Salvatore saying please? Wow she really has changed you. If I didn't care about her I wouldn't but I do so I'll go ahead and start. You owe me though Salvatore," she says before hanging up the phone.

"Still claiming your love for me Stefan? When are you gonna get over yourself?" Damon could hear Lydia ask.

Wait..... what was happening?

"Damon doesn't deserve you Lydia. I can protect you way more than he can! If you'd give me a chance I will-"

"I SAID NO!" She shouted as a loud crash was heard downstairs.

Damon quickly Vamp speed down stairs and was next to Lydia in a heart beat, he saw that her eyes were red orange as the door was open and Stefan layed outside butt up in the air face down into the concrete.

"Do I wanna know?" Damon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"YEAH THIS DUMBASS STILL CLAIMING HIS LOVE FOR ME AND THEN TRIED TO KISS ME DAMON!"

"Well then it's safe to say his ass got what he deserved don't you Stefan? When will you learn Stefan to stay the fuck away from my girl?" Damon growled.

Laughter could be heard from the basement as both Lydia and Damon raised eyebrows and looked at Stefan who was trying to get up.

"Who's in our basement?" Lydia asked.

"Well..... after Damon left to find you uhhh he asked me to do something about the vampire attacker and I locked him in our basement is that so bad?"

"Perfect I can test out my powers on him," Lydia says turning around to walk off but Damon grabbed ahold of her hand.

"No your not. There's a better way at establishing this,"

She rolled her eyes.

"He killed me Damon. Killed us,"

"I know....... But let's just talk to him before resorting to violence okay?"

"Ughh fine," Lydia agrees before the two went down to the basement together.