Chapter 42

Before the guy could come near them Lydia had opened her mouth as her eyes turned orange in defense. A loud scream pierced the air as both vampires were down in an instant. The house began shaking as glass was breaking as well. The unknown vampire was withering and screaming in pain as well as Damon.

"LYDIA!" He shouted in pain with his ears covered to try and drown out the noise.

Damon could see the unknown vampire uncover his ears and pull something out that looked like a dagger.

Before he could throw it, Damon quickly moved to towards him and kicked it out of his hands. The two stood up as the vampire punched Damon so hard that he flew back into a wall. This gave him the perfect chance as he vamped to Lydia wanting to go back on the floor at the same time.

He had another dagger hidden as he plunged it in her stomach causing her to stop screaming.

"Finally!"

"LYDIA!" Damon shouts before going to the vampire and jumping on his back bitting into his neck.

This caused the man to pull out the dagger as Lydia slid to the floor blood pooling out. Damon bit into the man's neck causing him to scream as he tried to throw Damon off of him. He was unsuccessful as Damon took the opportunity of him waving his arms around and snapping his neck around.

The vampire remained unconscious as Damon quickly went over to her.

"Lydia!"

"W-W-what's with people stabbing me to get me to stop?" She breathed out raspy as blood wouldn't stop pouring out.

Damon immediately bit into his wrist and placed it into her mouth as she greedily drank the blood, but the blood wouldn't heal. Not this time anyways.

"Why isn't it working?" He asked panic evident in his voice.

He pulled his wrist away as Lydia was fighting hard not to close her eyes.

"Damon. I love you stupid," she mutters before taking her last breath.

Damon's eyes widened in shock. Lydia was dead.... His Lydia, his pride and joy. The blood didn't heal her wound, it didn't.  Before Damon could call out to see where the hell Stefan was, he too had blacked out.

Stefan Salvatore gasped awake as he saw his room was destroyed and he was laying on the floor. He didn't know what happened until he remembered the door opening, but didn't think anything of it he thought it was just Lydia and Damon coming home but then he heard footsteps upstairs and got a bad feeling someone else was in the house.

He remembers calling out to his brother to make sure it was him but then he remembers a male standing at the door. Screaming out 'where's the banshee' he came running at Stefan and the two fought for awhile throwing stuff around trying to get the other to give up then he remembers the vampire ending up twisting his neck around. He's been down for several hours he can tell.

"DAMON!" He called from upstairs vamping downstairs.

He noticed the lights were off as glass everywhere was broken. He turned on the lights and gasp at what he saw, he say Lydia in a pool of blood and Damon lying in it ignoring the fact the unknown vampire head was turned around.

"DAMON!" He runs over to him and turned him around to see his blue eyes wide open and lifeless.

Then he looks over at Lydia...... does this mean he's really dead? His brother the one he looks up to is dead?

Sure they had there ups and downs but they are brothers....... And nothing could've killed Damon except Lydia being dead.

He didn't know what to do..... so he called the one person he can think of.

"Hey Stefan what's wrong?" She answered after the fifth ring.

"Damon and Lydia are gone," he choked out.

"WHAT?! What do you mean gone?"

"There dead Elena!" He ended yelling. "THAT MATE BOND THING IS REAL! IF ONE DIES THE OTHER FOLLOWS AND THEREFORE THERE BOTH DEAD!"

"Stefan calm down-"

"MY BROTHER IS DEAD ELENA!" He cried out the information finally sinking in. "We had an intruder in our house that vampire you talked about.... He came and knocked me unconscious by twisting my head so I have no idea what happened all I see is Lydia bleeding out and Damon's eyes wide open and lifeless..... Elena I don't know-"

Before anything more was said a large gasp was heard as Stefan eyes widened to see Lydia's eyes opening, it was like almost in sync as Damon gasped as he sat up his eyes having life return to them.

"Stefan?" Elena called over the phone.

"Lydia?" Damon asked crawling over to her.

"Damon..... why is everything so weird? Amplified it feels like,"

"Lydia....... You feel that way because your transitioning baby," he says causing her eyes to go wide as well as Stefan's.

A/N: I know it's been awhile sorry about that work been busy. Last chance to comment if you want Lydia as a hybrid or a regular vampire!