Chapter 58

"please, become Mrs. Salvatore your the only I want and need in my life,"

"Mrs. Salvatore, Lydia Salvatore..... I really do enjoy that,"

"So, is that a yes?" He asked hopefully in his eyes.

"Yes, Yes Damon Salvatore I will Marry you!"

Damon Salvatore never felt more relief like right now as he grabbed her and kissed her hard, Lydia automatically kissed him back unaware that Damon was reaching inside his pocket wanting to surprise her.

Once he pulled away their foreheads rested against each other's as Lydia heard the sound of a box clicking open as she looked down as a large gasp came from her. Tears welded up in her eyes at the beautiful ring that was displayed before her.

The ring wasn't too big nor too small, it was wrapped around in white with a light blue diamond to fit the top.

"Damon

"Damon.... I..... It's so beautiful," she says as he slipped it onto her ring finger.

"Just like you, I love you so much Lydia Salvatore," he said causing her to giggle as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Sir, we haven't even gotten married yet,"

"I know, but it sounds so right with your name that I can't keep saying it now," he said causing them both to smile.

When Lydia and Damon made it downstairs hand in hand, Stefan, Bonnie, Elena and at some point Caroline and Matt Donovan were all downstairs together. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wasn't aware more guests have arrived," she announced as Elena glared at her.

"Well my friends can come over whenever they want to,"

"Anyways," Lydia piped up as she ignored Elena. "We're getting married!" Lydia announced showing her conjoined hand with Damon with the ring on it.

"Oh my gosh it's so cute! Congratulations!" Caroline and Bonnie squeaked.

Elena crossed her arms as she continued to glare.

"Your making a big-"

"Elena," Stefan snapped glaring at her.

"No, don't stop her Stefan what were you gonna say to us Elena?"

"That your making the biggest mistake of your life,"

"What? Jealous that I'm getting married before you? Well news flash Elena Gilbert, nobody wants to marry a pathetic, spoiled brat who thinks everything evolves around her and who looks and acts like their ex girlfriend," she delicates grinning as Elena clenched her fists.

"Come on guys let's go, family needs to resolve issues," Caroline said before pushing Bonnie and Matt at the door with her.

"How could you?! You've never said that to me before!"

"I'm a lot stronger now and I could easily rip out your heart haven't even heard a congratulations out of you,"

"Why would I congratulate on a failed marriage about to happen?"

"That's it," Lydia said her eyes glowing orange as she released Damon's hand and jumped towards her.

The sisters were rolling on the ground fighting and scratching at each other as Stefan made his way towards the stairs with Damon.

"First, congratulations man you deserve to be happy with her, second should we stop them? Elena is still human,"

"Nah, let them work out their issues, oh and Stefan Elena is a bitch,"

Stefan sighed pitching the bridge of his nose.

"I know I just don't want to admit it," he said before the two watched the fight.

Lydia was on top of Elena throwing punches as she had her hands in the air covering her face.

"I HATE YOU!" Elena shouted a she pulled on Lydia's hair as she yelled at Elena kicked her in the stomach and jumped on top of her. "IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU! MOM AND DAD WOULD BE HERE!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Lydia shouted grabbing Elena by the neck and slamming her into the wall. "I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN! IT HAPPENED AND I CANT TAKE IT BACK SO WHY CONTINUE TO BLAME ME?!" She yells holding onto her neck tighter.

Elena was clawing at Lydia to try to break free as she was losing her oxygen. Lydia noticed this as she dropped her sister to the ground who coughed to regain her breath back.

"I'm sorry," Elena coughs out before standing up. "The truth is it was both of our faults, but I just didn't want to take the blame since you were the one who was bleeding that day, I shouldn't have been so hard on you over it were torn apart because of it,"

"No! You tore us apart! You made everyone hate me in the family,"

"I know, and if I can ever be forgiven and we can start over as Sisters,"

"NO! I will never in my life step foot as a Gilbert again, you put this bullshit on me only to betray me again? My name is no longer Lydia Gilbert, and your no longer apart of my family. No, my name..... My name for now on is Lydia Salvatore, and you can forget about being invited to my wedding," she hissed before turning to walk away from her.