Chapter 5

Lydia Gilbert was surprised when she opened her eyes only to be blinded by a white light. Once they fully adjusted she noticed that she was in a hospital as she looked around.

"Damon," She groaned out weakly her voice hoarse.

Damon who was sitting on a chair taking a nap awoken as soon as she said his name and he sped in front of her in an instant.

"Lydia, hey," he gently says while running his finger down her cheek.

"What happened?"

"A vampire tried to kill you. Once you passed out I took the shard of glass out of your leg, fed you my blood and took you here. You've been out for three days,"

"THREE DAYS?!" Lydia screeched sitting up but screams as pain shot threw her leg as she sit back down.

"Hey, hey your okay. Don't move so much. Here," Damon says bitting his wrist.

Without question Lydia placed her mouth on his wrist and drank his blood. The throbbing pain instantly stopped as she pulled away and laid back down on the hospital bed.

"Thank you for everything Damon. I would be dead if it wasn't for you,"

"Can't have that happening now could I?" He smirked moving some hair from her face.

"Is my blood really the only reason why you really want me alive?"

"No, but I can't tell you the real truth why I want you alive yet. We only just met don't rush things,"

"I'm confused,"

He smirked.

"I'll tell you in time. Don't worry about it right now Lydia. Right now you need to sleep and relax so you can get better,"

"Stay with me please," she says as Damon chuckles and sat down next to her on her bed.

It was tight space but she didn't mind as she rested her head on his chest.

"When do you think I can leave? I feel fine now,"

"Once a nurse comes in I'll compel her to let you go," he explains while taking a piece of her strawberry blonde hair and twirling it with his fingers.

"Do all vampires come after the innocent and kill them straight away?"

"Yes, but some of us learned to control it,"

"Like you and Stefan?"

"Like Stefan really I cant control my blood lust. I like to kill,"

"But.... you haven't killed me,"

"Your a bit special," Damon explains smirking causing Lydia to roll her eyes.

"Wish I knew why,"

"Eventually,"

The door to the hospital room opened to reveal a nurse with a tray of food.

"Hello Ms. Gilbert and Mr. Salvatore how are you feeling today?"

"Great actually," Lydia responded with a smile on her face.

The nurse placed the food down by her bed as Damon smirked and grabbed her neck causing her to gasp as she looked into his eyes.

"Lydia is feeling so great that you'll release her today,"

"I'll release her today. I'll get right on it with discharge papers," she says once Damon let go of her and she walked away.

"A bit harsh isn't it sir?"

He smirked.

"You wanted out right?"

"That I did,"

"Okay then why you complain?"

"Because you could have been a bit more nicer on it,"

Damon rolled his eyes.

"I'm not nice remember?"

"You are to me. So that's a start,"

Damon smirked as he held onto Lydia a bit more tighter.

********

"I'm home!" Lydia announced with Damon right at her side.

"LYDIA! OH MY GOD!" Elena shouted running down the stairs giving Lydia a huge hug.

She was still shocked that Elena was acting this way to her, especially since she hasn't been nice to her since her parents died.

"Hey Elena,"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK!"

"Hey calm yourself. She was with me," Damon said wrapping his arms around Lydia and kissed her on the forehead.

Elena's eyes widened in shock before she became mad.

"I don't want you around her anymore. Your not to go near her Damon!"

He smirked.

"I'm sorry who are you to give me orders again?"

"Elena Gilbert," She sternly says grabbing Lydia's arm and pulling her away from Damon. "Come near her again and I won't hesitate to tell Stefan,"

Damon only laughed.

"If you think I'm afraid of my baby brother your highly mistaken. I'll see you later Lydia," he says with a wave as he left the Gilbert's house.

A/N: I know it's been a long time and I'm sorry. I'll try to update regularly now!