Chapter 22

"Santi?"

Max's POV

I finally saw him after 7 years of him being missing.

I jumped up from the couch and ran to hug him letting tears fall on his shirt. I felt him hesitate before wrapping his arms around me and pulling into a tight hug.

"I missed you," I said as more tears cascaded down my face onto his shirt.

"I missed you too," He says hugging me tighter.

"Why'd you leave? Why'd you leave me?" I said pulling away as anger took over my features.

"Max-" he started only to be cut off by me.

"YOU PROMISED ME," I yelled at him.

"I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING OR THEY WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU," he yelled back making me go quiet.

"They told me if I went back to you they would have killed you and mamá and papá," he explained his own tears falling down his face.

"I'm sorry," I said as I hugged him again.

"Hey it's not your fault," he reassured me. We pulled away after a few seconds and he looked over at me.

"Damn you got bigger than the last time I saw you," he said.

"Obviously I was 7," I sassed back.

"Jeez you got sass too," he said making me roll my eyes.

I turn my back to him to see everyone gone. Probably left to give us privacy.

"You guys can come back?" I yelled. After a few seconds, they came back into the room and were staring at both of us.

"How do you guys know each other?" Mateo asks us.

"He's my baby brother," Santi said as he ruffled my hair.

"Baby, excuse me who do you think I am?" I said fixing my hair as I scowled at him.

"Max," he answered me smirking.

"It was rhetorical," I grumbled.

"Wait he's the one that you told us about?" Alessandra asks me making me nod. She mumbled something under her breath but I could hear it.

"Can you introduce yourself cause I don't know any of you?" he said scratching his head.

"Oh, yea I'm Alessandro."

"I'm Daniel."

"I'm Angelo."

"I'm Antonio."

"Giovanni." rude motherfucker.

"I'm Liam."

"I'm Felix."

"I'm Adam."

"I'm Rafael."

"Eli." What's up with him?

"Alessandra." I thought she was nice.

I saw Santi, Eli, and Alessandra talking with their eyes. That's suspicious, that's weird.

"Wait if they're gonna kill me for meeting you then what's gonna happen now..." I ask.

"Don't worry they won't do anything, I promise you," He said

"Okay, eh I won't let them kill me I'm too pretty to die anyway," I said flipping my 'long' hair.

"Speaking of that," I heard Felix say before my eyes widened and I ran off.