Chapter 23

"Topolina?"

I look over to the voice to see my Nonnó. A smile makes a way to my face as I rush over to my Nonno.

"Nonnó," I said as I hugged him.

"W-what how?" he sputtered out hugging me back. We stayed like that for a bit until he pulled away and cupped my teary face.

"I thought I would never see you again," he said pulling into another hug. Omg Nonná.

I pulled away looking around until my eyes snapped to my Nonná's teary ones. She quickly pulled me into a hug as well.

"Mia dolce ragazza," she whispered. (my sweet girl)

"I missed you Nonná," I said into her shoulder.

"Me too baby," she said back then pulling away and cupping my face.

"When did you get here?" she said with teary eyes.

"Like 2 weeks ago," I responded. Her eyes narrowed and they snapped to my dad's.

"She's been here for two weeks," she said to dad in a calm voice.

"And you never told us?" Nonnó said in the same way.

"Heh," dad started nervously, "It slipped from my mind?" he said, more like questioned. The next thing you know there was a chancla headed towards Dad and it hit his start in the head. We all burst out laughing and Uncle G was laughing as he pointed to Dad.

"You're not off the hook either Grayson, you didn't tell us either," she said as she threw another one at his head making me laugh harder.

"Mamá," Dad whined, "that hurt."

"Well too bad that's your fault," she shrugged, "Now bring me my slippers," she ordered them. Queen shit right there.

"I feel forgotten," I heard someone say from behind me.

I turn around to see my uncle Francisco pouting with his arms crossed over his chest.

All the memories of him and his family rush back to me.

"Uncle Francy!" I exclaim as I run to give him a hug.

"Damn you remember me?" he said surprised wrapping his arms around me.

"I have photographic memory," I explained.

"That makes sense," he said before getting pushed away from me.

"I wanna hug my niece," Auntie Elle said before pulling me into a hug.

"How are you baby?" she asks me as she pulls away.

"I'm good, you?" I reply politely.

"I'm good as well," she said before turning to the other boys, "You guys should learn manners from her."

"No Auntie this is the good side of her you're seeing, she punched me the second day she got here and she broke a punching bag off its hinges," Daniel exclaimed. Good job Daniel.

"What for real?" my cousin, Louis asked.

"Yep, hold up I'll show you," Dylan said talking out his phone as my cousins, uncle, and Nonnó gathered around him. I stood there looking at my nails waiting for the video to finish.

"Holy shit!" My cousin, Mario yelled.

"How did you do that?" Mario's twin, Marco exclaimed.

"By punching it," I said not interested, "can we eat now I'm hungry?"

"Alright let's go, dinner has been served already," Dad said as I quickly ran to get some food.

Everyone was having different conversations until Nonnó tapped his glass attracting all the attention to him.