Chapter 24

I just fought Giovanni.

My brother!

Damn, I landed some hard punches on him. That's definitely gonna bruise.

I left the ring and went towards the back to the locker room and I could hear my family talking.

"She's really good, her moves seem familiar thought but I know I've never fought here," Gio explained to my family.

"Her moves are very precise, I heard she was an amazing assassin as well," I heard Angelo say. How do they know this?

"She would be a great asset for our m-," the person stopped talking when I accidentally tripped over a bench. Fuck I got to get out of here.

"Who's there?" Giovanni said as I heard something being clicked.

I quickly rushed out of there to the back where Santi had my winnings.

"Dude I just fought my brother," I told Santi when I got to him.

"Wait what how do you know?" he asked.

"Firstly I saw my family in the audience, secondly when I shook Inferno's hand, and thirdly I eavesdropped on them in the locker room," I explained to him.

"Are you sure it's him?" He questions.

"Yes, I'm positive it's him," I said before realizing something, "Shit I got to get home before they realize I'm not there."

"Okay bye kiddo love ya," Santi said hugging me.

"Love you too," I said before running off in the direction I came from.

I quickly got home and I snuck back into my room from the pipe that leads to my room in the back. When I got to my room, I heard footsteps coming near my room. I quickly jumped on my bed before wrapping the blanket over me and pretending to sleep. I heard my door open and someone come over and sit on the edge of my bed.

"Goodnight principessa," I heard my dad say before giving me a kiss on the head and leaving my room. I finally released a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

That was close.

I quietly went to my bathroom and changed out of my outfit before going to lay down on my bed. I got comfy and right when I was about to fall asleep I remembered I have school tomorrow making me groan quietly.

I then slowly let the darkness consume me.

~~~~~

I woke the next morning from my alarm going off making me smack it to turn it off.

I groaned. I didn't wanna go to school and it was too early. I ripped my blanket off me frantically and trudged to my bathroom.

I quickly did my morning routine before changing into a collared sweatshirt and some mom jeans. I got my backpack and made my way downstairs where Mateo was already up making breakfast and half of my brothers were asleep in their breakfast. I sat down on a stool muttering good morning before fall asleep
on the table as well.

"Good morning, here's your breakfast," I heard Mateo say as he slid my plate of waffles to me.

I ate my food with tired eyes as I wasn't use to waking up this early.

"Alright let's go," Giovanni said as he headed towards the garage the rest following behind.

We got to school and at this point, I was more awake. As we go inside the school, people started to whisper at the sight of me. I was missing for two weeks so makes sense. I ignored them and looked around until I saw Amelia.