Chapter Prologue - First Day

"You are one of the most interesting woman I had met. You are matured, and wise enough for your age. I am interested in you, (l/n)"

Since when did those sweet words, with his eyes sparkling along with his bright smile turned into cold harmful words, with sharp gaze and fearless smile

"You are in the way. Don't get too ahead of yourself. Get lost! Don't ever stand before me again, (f/n)!"

~

~

The loud ring from my analog alarm clock kept on continuing, waking me up from that nightmare, again...

Why am I seeing that...?
How many times this week..?
I don't want to remember that, but it kept on returning.

I groaned as my alarm again returned me back to my senses and I tried to find it, to turn it off, but it wasn't on the usual spot.

Remembering what day it was, I immediately opened my eyes, and sat down

"It's first day of high school..." I sighed and glared at my alarm clock. Last night, I put it far from me, so that I would stand to turn that off. I put it beside the window. I somehow regret it.

I reluctantly stood up to turn it off, but at the same time, I opened my window, to see the beautiful morning spring of this city

"Time to prepare" though as I said that, a video call from my Line app came in, and it was no other than my mom. I answered but put it in speaker, and put it down on my bed, since I needed to change into my uniform.

"Dear, congratulations on your first year in- where are you?"

"I am changing into my uniform!" I shouted

"OMG! Dear, sorry we are not there to see you and prepare breakfast for you"

"Come on mom, I am old enough, and I am used to it already. Also-" I showed myself while putting my red ribbon. The ribbon for 1st years. "Mom, dad, just make sure to be healthy always and update me time to time. Grandpa and Grandma as well. Nii-san is always sending pictures of him and his friends."

"He is sending them to us as well. Even though I told him to just post it in his Instagram story instead." Mom sighed and she started telling me what happened to them yesterday

I got my bag and my phone as I went out of my room to eat breakfast, and listen to mom's stories, though to be honest I couldn't comprehend what she was saying because I was too busy with my breakfast. Both of them are in Korea at the moment. They supposed to be here in Kyoto, but my grandparents in Korea fell ill, that was why they left. My family in mother side has a business focusing in cosmetics there, and their brand is one of the highly in-demand around the world. They are full-blooded Japanese, just living in Korea. My mother is from the 3rd generation, met my dad, and lived here in Japan.

My parents are actually looking after the Kyoto branch. They were looking after the Tokyo branch before, then last year, we moved here in Kyoto. Supposedly, we will be opening one in Osaka as well, but, my grandparents both fell ill, so they went there to look after the Korea main branch, leaving the Kyoto branch to their staffs, halting the plan for Osaka.

And leaving their only daughter in this apartment.

I am just kidding. It was me who insisted to stay here. They supposed to bring me to Korea as well, but I already passed the high school exam, and I am so done moving from one place to another. I insisted to stay, that's why I am just by myself. So I stayed in our apartment. My parents had been moving places to places, so they didn't buy house, and just rent apartments ever since.