Chapter 42 - Reclaiming Glory

I stood by myself, watching all these people walk in front of me. I've been standing here for a while now, waiting for the Finals to start.

I only saw the others this morning and during lunch. During interval of my games, I would just drink water, then wait outside the dojo. I received a message this morning from mom that they would arrive around afternoon.

They said that a butler of Akashi went to our house to get Go-chan, saying that I already asked them to look after Go-chan, plus it seems Akashi's grandparents in mother side asked for him.

Anyways, I am somehow...

Calm...

Despite being in National tournament.

I think because I have a goal, a goal not just to put some people on their place.

"Are you always a loner? I remember people flocking around you, annoyingly"

I turned to that side, and who could it be, the crazy archer from same region.

"... ah... It's Amemiya. You are here?"

"You- you forgot that you were the one who decided for me to be here. So, I'll do my best to put you below me."

I looked at her and smiled. Somehow, she's different now.

"You are right. Do your best, ah but, you cannot, and will never put me below you. Instead, I'll reclaim what was mine before. Ah, but do your best, at the very least, put others below you. Also, aim to be someone just below me, at least that's something to be proud of"

"You really are a despicable woman, don't you know that?!"

"I know. But one thing is certain, I love archery and I am playing to compete, but also because I love it. I am a despicable person, but to those who are tarnishing the thing that I love. But I think you are also a despicable person, you love archery, and changed now. So good luck"

"You really are the worst" then she left, but I feel like she would win. Well, not the champion though

Ah, now it reminded me, I received a message from Midorima, Ryouta, and Satsuki. They said they won't be able to come today, but they wished me good luck. Midorima and I changed contact number last time, and surprisingly we've been exchanging emails.

He is also sending me daily horoscopes.

Today, my lucky colour is white, and I'm neither in lucky nor the unlucky side.

Well, I don't dwell much to horoscopes, but since Midorima made an effort of letting me know, I'll make this day as my Luckiest day.

~

The finals started, and among all the participants, only 8 of us remained. As expected, the two from Hokkaido were also here, and Amemiya too.

Well, I'll mind about them later.

For now, I could feel the wind is a bit stronger today. It affected the result today quite a lot. More like, it speed up the result since there were lots who weren't able to adjust because of the weather.

Well, adjusting your posture and bow comes to experience. I could say that I also struggled adjusting as well, but not because of the weather, but because I wasn't able to hold my equipments for at a week and more. To be honest, mine is more pathetic than adjusting because of weather.

I stood in the platform, take my stance and waited for the signal.

Once I heard the signal, in my own pace, got my arrow and started my own routine. One by one, aiming to the center target. Adjusting my stance depending on the wind.