Extra Chapter - When did it Start...

~Spring of First Year Middle School~

The cherry blossom trees were blooming beautifully. The petals were dancing with the wind.

Everything would be perfect, if I wasn't lost...

Yeah, it was my first day of middle school. I took the test here since it was closer to the house my parents rented. But, we just moved two days ago. I didn't have a chance to go around the school during the open house.

Well, it was the first day, so after the welcome assembly, first years were told to join club activities. It wasn't optional, it was compulsory. No class for today. I was happy, but again...

I got lost.

I asked where was the archery dojo, they gave me a map. But,

"Where am I...?"

All I knew was that I was somewhere backyard. Cherry blossom trees line up next to the fence, and on the other side was the soccer field.

I walk around this unknown area, even though I got lost, the area was still mesmerizing. Watching the petals falling down.

But, they had this sayings "always look where you are walking"

While I was focus watching these beautiful petals, I didn't notice someone under one of the trees. I tripped down.

I tripped so of course, I landed flat to the ground. I could only thank the soft ground, full of leaves and petals.

I immediately sat down, wiped the leaves off me. Turned around and saw a leg.

...

Yeah.. someone was there! A male student!

I flinched when he suddenly sat down, a book fall from his face, and I immediately gaze towards his blazing hair, he had a beautiful red hair, and there were some leaves on him.

No wait!

It wasn't the time to be awestruck!

"I-I'm sorry! Did I wake you up?! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was t
Walking"

"It's totally fine" he responded, and what's with this soft and gentle voice?! As he looked at me, I was drawn from his red eyes. Just what's with this handsome guy?!

Wait! Wait! Stop daydreaming (f/n)!

"Sorry again" I told him and he smiled as he looked up

"It will be the same when it was me. The cherry blossoms are mesmerizing after all." He again looked at me and what a refreshing smile "So it's totally fine. Anyways-" He got his book and removed the leaves from his back "I need to bribe you since you saw me here"

"Eh? Ah, no, you don't need to. I mean, I woke you up"

"In which I shouldn't be" what a dazzling smile! "Are you looking for the archery dojo and lost your way here?"

I froze as looked at him, "how...?"

"You have your archery equipment lying over there. And, the map with circled archery dojo" he chuckled once again then stood up, brushing the leaves off him, then suddenly extending his hands "I'll go with you there."

I couldn't help but held his hand and let him help me to stand up.

"Thank you"

"I'm Akashi Seijurou, a first year as well. Nice to meet you"

"I'm (l/n) (f/n), nice to meet you, Akashi-san"

"-san is not needed. Let's go, (l/n)." He got my equipments and hold it for me. I tried to get it from him, but he once again told me that he was bribing me. It seems like him sleeping there was something no one should know.

He led the way to the dojo, and I was way off the place. But thanks to Akashi, I was able register and join the archery team. Well, they actually had me shoot couple of shots to evaluate me, more like, where to put me. I told them I could use my left and right, in which they asked me to do both.

Well, as expected to the great me, all shots at the center.

When done, I was surprised that Akashi was still there, and he was watching me.

"That was amazing! I have never seen a middle school shoot like that" he clapped his hands "That was amazing!"

"T-thanks. How about Akashi? What club activity are you joining?"

"Basketball" was his immediate response "I already joined, basketball and student council"

"You can join two?! Also, student council?!" I looked at him, surprised "you sure are amazing, huh?"

"Am I? It's normal"

"Normal...? Is it?"

"I mean, it's normal for my family. It's compulsory to join one club activity, but optional to join one more."

"Family? Are you from some kind of strict family?" I asked but he looked surprised "eh... what's with that look?"

"Nothing, I am just surprised. You never heard, huh? About my family?"

"Heard what? Well, you don't need to tell me about your family. I mean, sorry, we just met today" I smiled at him and somehow felt cozy "also, you are the first person I talked today, and even when we moved here. So, it might sound awkward, but is it okay to ask you to be my friend?"

He chuckled and extended his hand "its the same to me. You are the first that I talked to as I entered middle school. My first friend. Please to be in your care, (l/n). Let's get along from now on"

~

From that day on, time to time, we meet in that particular part of the school. I found out that it was an old building that was currently in the middle of renovation, that was why no one was going there.

There were times we won't meet since he had student council, or I would be in the archery dojo.

I found out that he immediately became the vice-captain of the basketball 1st string team. He even became the vice-president of the student council.

He became someone so far from me. But despite him being busy, with his study, basketball, student council, I was surprised that he was able to find time and meet me.

But when we had no time to meet during lunch, we meet up either in Archery dojo, or in 1st string court. Sometimes, Midorima and the others were still there, and they would teach me basketball.

Speaking of archery, I also became part of the 1st string. Winning all my individual competition. They didn't put me in team yet since they wanted me to use my left instead of my right. So in one condition, they wanted me to win all my game during my first year.

In which, I was the only one in archery team who won 1st place, even in National. Only using my right. All of my competition, Akashi was always there, supporting me.

We became closer, and I would always look forward to see him. We could only meet during school days after all or if I had tournament.

Summer break, winter break, weekends, holidays, I started to feel that they were so long.

At one point I asked myself,

When did I start liking Akashi?

Crazy enough that Akashi also asked the same thing to me, and from then on, our relationship changed.

Akashi became my first kiss, my first love, and even the first person who broke my heart.

~TBC~