Chapter 40 - National Tournament

"So where's sensei? He said to wait him here" I turned towards Sayaka, and Rio, who were standing beside me, roaming their eyes around. It's already the end of August and we're currently in Tokyo to compete for the Nationals

It's been weeks, and all we did were practice, practice, and practice.

We arrived yesterday in our hotel, wgich was 10 minutes drive from the venue for this year's National tournament. We arrived, early, but Sensei suddenly left us.

"My chest is bursting! I'm so nervous! I'm seriously nervous!" This time I turned to Mitsuki-senpai, who was clenching her chest, next to her was Himeko-senpai "I envy the first years! They seem not nervous at all"

"I'm nervous though" Sayaka and Rio both retorted, and they immediately looked at me

...

I'll be in trouble if they find out that I am not nervous at all.

"She's not nervous"

"Definitely not"

"I hope we have that nerve"

Rio, Sayaka, and Fujiko-chan commented one after another

"I mean, there's nothing to get nervous though" I told them, but again received glare from them "no I mean, we practice hard for today. It's not basketball, tennis, or soccer that we need to know our opponents. We just need to believe ourselves." I turned to each of them and smiled "besides, reaching Nationals is already an achievement. Win or lose, we already made a name, and make it bigger from now on"

"..."

"You sure say cool words that make people silence. But also at the same time, don't increase the hurdle" Himeko-senpai sighed

"But then she's right" Mitsuki-senpai chuckled "we already achieved something most people didn't expect us that we could do"

"But still, it's not normal for someone who couldn't even feel nervous before a big tournament?" Rio retorted

"Now thinking about it, she seems like that since middle school" Sayaka added then sighed "just, at least show some, (f/n)"

"But I am really not nervous. But back in Middle school, I was nervous though, especially back in first year. Ah, one more reason why I don't feel nervous is because my teammates this time are better than before"

"That's during middle school" Rio retorted

"But we won for two straight years as a team despite having terrible members as individual. Compared to that time, individually, and as a team, I could say that we are better." I made a peace sign, and they just sighed, retreating already

"Mitsuki? Himeko?" We all turned to that voice and it's a tall stature woman, also wearing a Hakama, she has long hair tied into one, and she's wearing eyeglasses "it's really you two?!"

"Kanako-senpai! It's been a while!" Out two senpai approached her with wide smile. I looked at Sayaka and she shook her head

"When I checked the board that Kyoto's representative for female category is Rakuzan, I doubted myself, but it really is Rakuzan."

"Well, we had these amazing first years this years. Everyone this is Hirakawa Kanako-senpai, she was a student of Rakuzan before" Himeko-senpai responded and gently pointed us and also introduced her to us. We just bowed down to her "too bad that senpai isn't here anymore. It should be you..." ah, was she one of the senpai who transferred?

"Oh, don't feel bad. As you can see" She showed off her hakama and made a peace sign "I am in an Archery Team, and will be one of your opponents"

"Where senpai?" The two immediately asked, and somehow this Kanako-senpai... she is so proud to say it, though my ears pricked hearing it